Freycinet Peninsula Kayaking Tour: On this relaxed, three hour guided sea kayaking tour of the Freycinet coastline, you’ll glide beneath pink granite mountains, past pristine sandy beaches and across waters so crystal clear you feel like you can touch the marine life below. The Freycinet Paddle was listed as the No. 4 must-do experience in Australia on Things to Try Before you Die – so Discover Tasmania’s greatest sea kayaking destination – the Freycinet coastline.
Freycinet Peninsula Kayaking Tour
- Cruise the pristine waters around Freycinet National Park
- Explore the spectacular coastline around Coles Bay
- Glide over reefs and sea grass beds
- Abundant birdlife, look out for soaring sea eagles
- Possible dolphin sightings and little penguins.
You’ll experience Freycinet’s rich wildlife as you weave along the peninsula’s stunning coastline. Watch for soaring sea eagles, elusive little penguins and the sudden gleam of a dolphin’s back as it breaks the ocean’s surface. Take time out on a secluded beach and discover Freycinet’s rich stories from your guides as you relax with freshly brewed coffee and tasty snacks.
This award-winning tour blends adventure and serenity with a deep appreciation of an incredible environment. An unforgettable way to discover the Freycinet Peninsula.
- All sea kayaking equipment, including warm polar fleece and Spray Jacket (if required)
- Professional, friendly guide/s
- DryBag for personal items (e.g; camera)
- Morning / Afternoon Tea (ie; light snack)
- The tour is undertaken in stable, double sea kayaks, to cater for all levels of experience and ability.
- Single bookings are welcome – you will share a double kayak with a guide or fellow participant.
- Relax in the company of a small group – our standard tour is a maximum of 12 participants.
- No previous experience is necessary to join the Freycinet Peninsula Kayaking Tour.
- You do not need to be able to swim. We operate by the philosophy we are ‘on the water’ not ‘in the water’.
- Sea kayaking is suitable for all ages.
- Families and young children (under 12yrs) are welcome, subject to availability.
- Where possible we offer a separate tour departure for family groups with young children to tailor the trip to suit the kids.
- Adult price shown above.
- Child price 15 years and younger
What to bring
- Casual clothing, e.g. shorts and t-shirt
- Footwear, e.g. sandals, trainers, or thongs
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat and a water bottle
- Camera (optional)
Duration & Departure Times
- 3 hours – includes briefing, approx 2 hrs paddling and a refreshment break on a beach.
- Tours are available daily, year round (excluding Christmas Day).
- Morning Tour:
Departs 8:30am (Oct — Apr) & 9:00am (May — Sep)
- Twilight tour
Approx 3 hrs prior to sunset
The departure time for the Twilight Paddle varies seasonally, with the changing time of sunset.
- Weather conditions may affect our adventures.
- If conditions are unsuitable to paddle in Coles Bay, we relocate to an alternative location in the local area.
- If the experience is postponed an alternative date will be arranged.
- They take a maximum of 12 guests on the three-hour paddles.
You may be interested in these other Tasmanian Kayak tours
- Hobart Kayak Tour, 2.5 Hours
- Hobart Sea Kayaking Tour - Cliffs, Caves and Beaches
- Tasman Peninsula Guided Sea Kayaking Tour