Extreme Whitewater Rafting on the Nymboida River, 1 Day: This is our extreme rafting trip on the Nymboida River. Being an extreme rafting tour, you will need to have been on a previous rafting tour and have some experience. Your professional rafting guides have saved the best of the grade 3-4 rapids for this trip, and its not fore the feint hearted. You will be rafting on the Upper Nymboida River, in the hinterland behind Coffs Harbour. Of course, its not all grade 4 rapids and serious white water rafting! There will be quiet times to enjoy the lush rainforests and amazing gorges along the way.
Extreme Whitewater Rafting on the Nymboida River
- Rafting on the mighty Upper Nymboida River
- Tough and thrilling grade 3-4 rapids
- Paddling through lush rainforest, spectacular gorges
- Sept 01 – April 30, if water levels are suitable for rafting.
- A winter rafting trip can be organised for 10 or more people
IMPORTANT: Rafting bookings are taken on faith that weather conditions are suitable and that the river will have sufficient water levels for rafting. We cannot guarantee this. If levels are not suitable just prior to your trip, the rafting guides will contact you. Refunds are paid if trips are cancelled due to low water levels.
It's important to contact us before booking to avoid disappointment.
- Please tell us what date/s you have to do this tour.
- Note, a minimum of 10 people per tour needed for it to proceed.
- Water levels can also affect availability.
- Wetsuit, raincoat/spray jacket, Thermal top, PFD, Helmet
- Transfers to and from the Nymboida river
- Breakfast, snacks, & BBQ at completion of tour.
- You must have done a previous whitewater rafting trip.
What to bring:
- Shoes “water shoes” / Wetsuit booties / or old sandshoes (these need to be lace up, zip or velcro – no slip on shoes)
- Long board shorts quick dry pants to stop sunburn
- Cap with visor to wear under helmet, to keep sun off face
- Set of dry clothes for when you get off the river
- Minimum age is 14 years/40 kgs
- Rule of thumb: Participants should be able to swim under a breaking wave in the ocean.
- Please raise any concerns regarding your fitness prior to booking.
- The weather on the river, at certain times of the year can be unpredictable.
- The rafting guide reserves the right to cancel tours, without advanced notice, at their discretion when weather or river conditions dictate.
Facilities on the day:
- Toilets are available at the departure & arrival points on the Nymboida River.
- There are no toilet facilities available during the rafting trip.
- Allow 8 hours for this rafting experience
Pick Up locations:
- Byron Bay – 80 Jonson Street, pickup – 5am / return 7pm
- Grafton – McDonalds, corner of Pacific Hwy & Spring St, pickup – 7am / return 5pm
- Coffs Harbour – Marina Drive, pickup – 7 am / return 5pm
- Cascade C/O Dorrigo – Corner of Moses Rock Road, Briggsvale Road and Morora Road, pickup – 8 am / return 4pm
- Platypus Flats Campground, 8:50am
- Other Locations available on request
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
The Nymboida River is a 'natural' flow river which means the weather dictates the rafting trips.
Before booking please make sure you read and understand the below.
For a trip to go ahead there needs to be a minimum of 10 people. If your group size is less than 10 you can either join a group or enquire about starting a new booking with your preferred date.
Once there are 10+ people the guides will confirm the trip. You will receive a ‘pre-arrival’ email (waiver) – please check your spam folder. Each person must fill out this form before the trip commencement date. Any persons who have not completed our waiver form will not be allowed to go on the trip.
On Confirmation – your trip will still be pending
After receiving your 'confirmation' your trip will still show as confirmed, however your trip may still not go ahead due to the following:
- River Heights – too high or too low. The guides will try to give as much information as soon as they know themselves and sometimes they won't know until the morning of your trip.
- There is a chance we will drive to the river and cancel the trip on arrival due to no electronic river gauge in the area. This is very rare!
- Natural Parks Closure – this is out of our control. They usually give the guides 24 hours notice however also not limited to.
- Raft Guides – availability of guides. Raft Guides are seasonal workers and also hold down other full time employment.
- The guides hold the right to cancel your trip. If they cancelled your trip you will have the opportunity to change dates or be given a full refund. Break Loose nor the guides will not be responsible for (paying compensation) on your accommodation due to cancellation.
- If you cancel 24 hours before the trip no refund is given
- If you cancel 48 hours before the trip 50% is refunded
- If you cancel anytime before then stated above, a 12% admin fee will not be refunded
Other Nymboida River Rafting trips include:
- Whitewater Rafting Nymboida River, Coffs Harbour, 1 Day
- Family Whitewater Rafting plus Tubing, Nymboida River, Coffs Harbour
- 2 Day Nymboida River Whitewater Rafting Adventure, Coffs Harbour