Extreme 4x4 Driving Experience – Pro Package: On this, our biggest 4x4 buggy driving experience you spend a total of 74 minutes in a buggy! And you'll drive all four courses we have available for off road buggy driving, including the infamous DEVILS MARBLES course. But first you'll start as a passenger for a lap with your professional driver. His job is to really show you some of the tricks these 4x4 machines can do. You'll watch and learn from him as he drives around the course. Then the fun really begins. You will drive your first of four courses yourself.
Extreme 4x4 Driving Experience – Pro Package Driving 4 Courses
- A taste of extreme 4x4 off-road driving
- Learning to control your 4x4 on a technical track
- Bring 4 Passengers FREE (one on each track)
- The pro driver takes the wheel and you hang on!
- Driving on 4 different courses!
You'll take on the technical course known as "Razorback". This drive is a tough challenging course and a great introduction to extreme 4x4 driving. With your professional instructor very close by guiding you through the course.
Then its on to Hell-Dorado, a very different experience compared to driving ‘Razorback’. The track is longer and tighter and you won't have an instructor next to you giving advice. Its all on you!
The third track known as Chuckies was the original track your instructor showed you around. Now it's your turn to dive on it. One of the stand out section is driving up a wall!
Of course, we saved the best until last... Devils Marbles – the hardest of them all. This is the newest track and will make you implement EVERYTHING you’ve learnt in the first three tracks as you navigate this challenging course.
To top off this entire day of driving, you can bring a guest with you as a passenger for all of the courses you drive yourself. It doesn't have to be the same guest so you can share around the excitement with your friends or family.
About the 4x4 Vehicles
Built to full competition standard, these 4x4s are literally some of the most capable four wheel drive vehicles in the country.
Enclosed in a custom built chassis sits a custom built 350 Chev with alloy heads. Over 300 horsepower is channelled to an Atlas II transfer case, with ‘front and rear disconnects’ so you can drive in four-wheel-drive, rear wheel drive or front-wheel-drive.
The differentials are also purpose-built providing four wheel steering capabilities. Tyres are nothing less than 44” Super Swampers (or optional 49″ tires) for supreme traction. Incredible suspension flex is controlled by 16” coil-over shocks on each corner.
The 4x4 Courses
The Razorback – A tight course with lots of rear steering. This is the first track, and is designed for you to get your head around how to drive these amazing 4x4s. Available with Taster, Intro, Comp and Pro packages.
Devils Marbles – the hardest of them all. This is the newest track and will make you implement EVERYTHING you’ve learnt in the first three tracks as you navigate this challenging course. Exclusive to the Pro package.
- You can drive with your learners permit!
- Approximately 60 mins in the 4×4 buggy!
- Driver Briefing – a Pro driver explains the ins and outs of the custom built 4x4s
- Drive four different courses and get 1 Passenger Lap
- Take a brave passenger when you drive on each course
- Drivers must be fluent in English
- Drivers must have a drivers licence (L-plate licence holders are also welcome)
- Max weight 140 kgs. Max height 208 cms. Min height for drivers 160 cms
- Drivers minimum age is 16 years. Passengers must be at least 8 years old
- Allow approx. 90 mins for this experience. Times may vary depending on group size and track conditions
- Not suitable for pregnant women or people with serious back issues
- Avalon Raceway, 210 Old Melbourne Road, Lara, Victoria 3212
- 5 mins from Avalon Airport
- 20 minutes from Geelong
- 40 minutes from Melbourne
- In the event of rain you will be called by Ragged Edge 4x4 to reschedule.
What to wear:
- Casual, comfortable clothing is recommended.
- Enclosed foot wear, ie sandshoes are recommended.
- Change your booking up to 7 days before the start time of your experience.
- Changes are not permitted within 7 days of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.