Extreme 4x4 Driving Experience – Comp Package: Your 4x4 buggy driving experience really cranks it up a level as you head to Chuckies! Thats the name of the course you navigate over in a custom built 350 Chev off road buggy. But first you'll start as a passenger for a lap with a professional driver. His job is to really show you some of the tricks these 4x4 machines can do. You'll watch and learn from him as he drives around the course.
Extreme 4x4 Driving Experience – Comp Package Driving 3 Courses
- A taste of extreme 4x4 off-road driving
- Learning to control your 4x4 on a technical track
- Bring 3 Passengers FREE (one on each track)
- The pro driver takes the wheel and you hang on!
- Driving on 3 very different courses
It's now time for you to drive. You'll take on the technical course known as "Razorback". Best of all, you can bring a friend to sit with you, in the passenger seat. This drive is a tough challenging course and a great introduction to extreme 4x4 driving. With your professional instructor very close by guiding you through the course.
Then its on to Hell-Dorado, a very different experience compared to driving ‘Razorback’. The track is longer and tighter and you won't have an instructor next to you giving advice. Its all on you! Of course you can bring your favourite passenger for a free ride with you.
Now you get to drive on the third track. Remember that first lap with your instructor when you were a passenger? That course was Chuckies, and it's your turn to dive on it. One of the stand out section is driving up a wall! This course gets all the attention so why not bring a passenger with you to experience the thrill?
About the 4x4 Vehicles
Built to full competition standard, these 4x4s are literally some of the most capable four wheel drive vehicles in the country.
Enclosed in a custom built chassis sits a custom built 350 Chev with alloy heads. Over 300 horsepower is channelled to an Atlas II transfer case, with ‘front and rear disconnects’ so you can drive in four-wheel-drive, rear wheel drive or front-wheel-drive.
The differentials are also purpose-built providing four wheel steering capabilities. Tyres are nothing less than 44” Super Swampers (or optional 49″ tires) for supreme traction. Incredible suspension flex is controlled by 16” coil-over shocks on each corner.
The 4x4 Courses
The Razorback – A tight course with lots of rear steering. This is the first track, and is designed for you to get your head around how to drive these amazing 4x4s. Available with Taster, Intro, Comp and Pro packages.
Devils Marbles – the hardest of them all. This is the newest track and will make you implement EVERYTHING you’ve learnt in the first three tracks as you navigate this challenging course. Exclusive to the Pro package.
- You can drive with your learners permit!
- Approximately 60 mins in the 4×4 buggy!
- Driver Briefing – a Pro driver explains the ins and outs of the custom built 4x4s
- Drive three different courses and get 1 Passenger Lap
- Take a brave passenger when you drive on each course
- Drivers must be fluent in English
- Drivers must have a drivers licence (P-plate licence holders are also welcome)
- Max weight 140 kgs. Max height 208 cms. Min height for drivers 160 cms
- Drivers minimum age is 16 years. Passengers must be at least 8 years old
- Allow 60 – 90 mins for this experience. Times may vary depending on group size and track conditions
- Not suitable for pregnant women or people with serious back issues
- Avalon Raceway, 210 Old Melbourne Road, Lara, Victoria 3212
- 5 mins from Avalon Airport
- 20 minutes from Geelong
- 40 minutes from Melbourne
- In the event of rain you will be called by Ragged Edge 4x4 to reschedule.
What to wear:
- Casual, comfortable clothing is recommended.
- Enclosed foot wear, ie sandshoes are recommended.
- Change your booking up to 7 days before the start time of your experience.
- Changes are not permitted within 7 days of your experience
- Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.