Empress Falls Canyon Tour (Blue Mountains Canyoning) combines abseiling and canyoning to give you one of the Blue Mountains best canyoning experiences available. Empress is a fantastic canyon which can be as action packed as you wish, or there are options to make it a little more gentle. We’ll begin the day with some abseiling instruction – its fun and exciting. Then after a great outdoor lunch we’ll travel to the canyon entrance and begin the tour. The journey takes us deep inside the sandstone cliff and will find us wading, scrambling and jumping until we discover daylight again. From here we’ll need our abseiling skills for a spectacular 30 metre waterfall abseil to finish this awesome canyon adventure!
Empress Falls Canyon Tour
- Abseil instruction
- Awesome canyon
- 30 metre waterfall abseil
- Katoomba Falls
- Majestic cliff views
- Valley of the Waters
- Empress Falls
Empress Falls Canyon Tour Itinerary
We spend the first half of the day abseiling to hone your skills and prepare you for the abseils you'll do on the Empress Falls Canyon Tour. You'll start with a 5 metre high cliff and building up to 30 metre high cliffs during the morning.
After lunch, it's a scenic 20 minute walk to the start of the Empress Canyon Tour. You wade into the creek that descends into the narrow slot-like canyon and within a few seconds you are jumping into a rock pool, the first of several jumps and swims. This canyon is an exciting affair with water jumps, exhilarating swims, waterslides and fantastic scenery.
The final abseil out of the canyon is one of the best waterfall abseils in the mountains. Clip into the rope, step back and follow the 30 metre waterfall down to the deep rock pool below. This is not just a brilliant waterfall abseil but also a fantastic photo opportunity.
- All technical equipment (abseil gear, wetsuit, waterproof backpack, climbing shoes)
- Nationally Qualified and Highly Experienced Instructors.
- A wholesome lunch and refreshments included!
- All National Parks entry fees.
- A waterproof camera for the group to use
Fitness & Restrictions
- Minimum age of 14yrs
- Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult.
- A good level of fitness is required.
- You should have some abseil experience.
- A good nights sleep is recommended the night before.
- This is a Spring, Summer and Autumn adventure. Does not run in Winter.
- Advance bookings required.
What to Bring
- Closed-in shoes that can get wet
- Change of clothes – a must
- Swimming costume – optional
- Loose shorts to wear over our wetsuit
- Drinking water – about 2 litres
- Camera, hat & sunscreen
- Sense of adventure
- Canyoning experiences are weather dependent.
- The trip leaders will decide if the trip will be cancelled.
- The trip will go ahead unless you are notified by the tour operator.
Tour Operator Cancellation Policy
The below conditions by the tour operator supersede any Break Loose general conditions applied to this tour.
- No refund for cancellation within 14 days before trip commencement.
- In the event that the trip is deemed unsafe by High and Wild due to extreme and/or dangerous weather which forces the trip to be cancelled the morning of or after commencement, a 50% refund is applicable to total cost of trip.
- No refunds are paid if you fail to turn up on the day.
You may be interested in these canyoning tours