Dunsborough Whale Watching Cruise, Margaret River WA: This is an extraordinary nature based experience finding and watching whales interact in their natural environment in the Margaret River coastal region from the picturesque seaside town of Dunsborough. From September, Humpback whales pass this region of Geographe Bay as they head south again to the feeding grounds of Antarctica. October is a time to witness the giant Blue Whale with their calves in tow. These calm protective waters make an ideal location for this whale watching cruise.
As you cruise the blue Geographe Bay, the waters are so clear you can see the emerald seagrass meadows below, the foundation of an ecosystem more productive than a coral reef, and a nursery for some of our most highly prized fish species. Pods of common and bottlenose dolphins often join our tours, surfing alongside, or treating us to stunning aerial acrobatic displays.
Dunsborough Whale Watching Cruise
- Sightings of Humpback and Southern Right whales
- Possible sightings of rare Minke and Blue Whales
- Amazing views from MV Alison Maree
- 99% whale sighting rate achieved
- Families and children especially welcome
- 25 years in the industry
The MV Alison Maree is a modern and spacious 20 metre catamaran perfect for families and groups. She is a lovely large comfortable vessel, ideal for viewing whales as they breach and frolic – we guarantee you’ll be mesmerised by their agility.
- The Dunsborough Whale Watching Cruise departs from Pro Fisherman’s Boat Ramp, Geographe Bay Road, Dunsborough.
- Child fares 4–17yrs
- Adults 18+
- Infants 0–3 free of charge
- Informative commentary from experienced crew
- Close encounters with whales up close and personal
- Coffee, tea, milo, green tea and biscuits
- This Dunsborough Whale Watching Cruise runs for 2.5 hours.
- Please allow up to 3 hours depending on wildlife sightings.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure
Season & Cruise times:
- September – December
- 10am & 2pm daily. See our availability for dates.
- Whale watching cruise is weather dependent.
- In the event of unsafe weather, your cruise will be rescheduled.
- Do you get seasick? We recommend you organise sea sickness tablets with your pharmacist and take prior to the tour.
- Dress for the conditions of the day. Please wear flat enclosed shoes. A a warm jacket is recommended.
Consider these whale watching tours if out of season.
- Augusta Whale Watching Cruise, Margaret River WA
- Albany Whale Watching Cruise, South West WA
- Busselton Whale Watching Cruise, Geographe Bay, WA