This is one of those experiences you'll never forget! You drive a V8 Off Road Race Buggy PLUS a Subaru WRX Turbo Rally Car at our Mitchell Park off road track in Melbourne. Now you'll be driving for 8 laps in the V8 Race Buggy and then another 8 laps in the Subaru WRX Rally Car.
To top off your day of motorsport, you'll hop into the front passenger seat and your instructor will take you for a screaming hot lap in the race buggy and another hot lap in the Subaru WRX!
V8 Off Road Buggy + Subaru WRX Highlights
- Drive for 8 laps in a V8 Off Road Race Buggy + 1 Hot Lap
- Drive for 8 laps in a Subaru WRX turbo rally car + 1 Hot Lap
- Thats 16 laps driving, 2 hot laps and 4 hours of total mayhem!
What happens when you drive a V8 Race Buggy?
On arrival you are fitted out in your full face helmet and overalls. Sign the necessary waivers! Then it's over to the first vehicle - the Off Road buggy. You are briefed on how to drive the V8 Off Road buggy by your instructor and strapped into a 5 point race harness. Remember you are tethered to your instructor by wireless intercom so you'll be under full instruction when driving. Your instructor, riding along next to you will offer encouragement and some handy tips on car control, drifting and racing over our purpose built jumps. You'll start off slowly but by the end of your 8 laps you'll be wanting more.
STAGE 2 – 8 Laps Driving a WRX Turbo Rally Car
Now it's time to step behind the wheel of a WRX Turbo Rally Car for another 8 laps. This time your instructor will guide you around our track as you experience the slides and spins of a real rally car. What better way to get an introduction to the world of rally driving.
STAGES 3 & 4 – Hot Laps in the Race Buggy & WRX Rally Car
After all of the excitement its time to let our instructor show you how the professionals do it... You are going to get airborne in the V8 Race Buggy, and drift and slide in the turbo WRX! 1 Hot Lap in each vehicle.
Things to know
- Drivers must be at least 12 year old.
- No licence is required.
- All passengers and drivers will need to sign a waiver of liability form prior to driving.
- If under 18 years old, a parent/guardian will be required to sign on the child's behalf.
- A 150kg weight and 201cm height restriction applies.
Numbers on the Day:
- A maximum group size of 12 people
- When driving, its just you and your race car instructor
- BLCC Autocross, Residence Rd, MITCHELL PARK VIC 3355
- Morning session: 8.30am - 12:30pm
- Afternoon session: 12.30pm - 4.30pm
Note: This is not 3 hours of driving time. You may be at the track for a shorter time
depending on the final numbers in your group.
What to Wear:
- You will be supplied with overalls and helmet.
- You need to wear closed in shoes.
- Oh, you will get a little dusty so keep that in mind :)
- These V8 race buggies and WRX rally cars can operate in most weather conditions.
- We only cancel in extreme rain, in which case we will work with you to reschedule your drive.
Price also includes:
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Helmet, race suit and intercom