3 hour Dolphin and Seal Swim, Sorrento: This is a Dolphin and Seal Swim experience from Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula. This half day activity swimming with wild dolphins and Australian Fur Seals is only 90 minutes south of Melbourne.
Your Dolphin and Seal Swimming adventure departs daily from Sorrento Pier at either 9:00am or 1:00pm from October to April. Your cruise will begin with either a light breakfast or lunch, after which we travel out into the sheltered shallows of Port Phillip Bay to embark on an exciting once in a life time adventure.
Dolphin and Seal Swim Experience
Arriving at Chinaman's Hat where you can put your newfound skills into action, this is a local spot where the ever-curious Australian Fur Seals are waiting to share their underwater world with you. Chinaman’s Hat is a man made structure built just for the Seals! Offering shallow water snorkelling and beautiful white sand seabed, this area has a maximum depth of 4 metres.
Once the dolphins are located we ready into groups of 10 people and prepare to enter the water, floating on the waters surface your guides will try to entice the dolphins to spend time with our group, where they swim beneath you and often circle swimmers looking at you and showing off their amazing abilities. Every swim is unique and the time we spend with the dolphins varies. It must be appreciated that they are completely wild and the interactions are on the animals’ terms.
Dolphin guarantee – if you don’t see dolphins on your tour, come back for free!
This cruise will also include a snorkel with the Sea Dragons; these prehistoric looking sea horses are unique to our area and closely related to the famous leafy sea dragons these spectacular animals are Victoria’s Marine emblem.
We strive to achieve an experience that is truly a breathtaking adventure – and one you will never forget!
Swim with Dolphins and Seals Tour
- Luxury purpose built boat
- Premium wildlife snorkeling activities
- Amazing photo opportunities
- All snorkeling equipment including full length wetsuits
- Breakfast (morning tour) or Lunch (afternoon tour)
- On board hot showers
- Undercover seating
- Limited group/small group tour
- Sunscreen, and self serve refreshments
- Guided activities by qualified naturalists
- Self serve premium tea selection, coffee and hot Chocolate
- Dolphin guarantee – if you don’t see dolphins on your tour come back for free!
- Child price age – 5 to 15 years
- Family is 2 adults + 2 children aged 5–15 years
- Sightseeing Only: You can join this cruise just to sightsee.
When do Dolphin and Seal Swim tours depart?
- Tours depart from Sorrento Pier at 9:00am from October to May.
- Arrival time is 30 minutes prior departure.
- Swimming tours do not cater for people with no swimming ability, all guests are required to have basic swimming ability as a minimum.
Tours are weather dependent
Interacting with wild animals
- This tour operates on the basis of interacting with wild animals.
- Our tours operate on a high 90% success rate of swimming and interacting with the Dolphins
- We cannot guarantee dolphins or seals on every tour
- Should you not see them you can come back within 3 months of your last tour for free
- Sorry we cannot provide refunds
What should you bring?
- Bathers, towel, hat, sunscreen
- Cash for payment of snacks, breakfast, lunch or additional beverages
Do you offer floatation aids and tuition for nervous snorkelers?
Yes, we have noodles, view boards, flotation rings and vests onboard all our tours to assist with floatation, plus in-water tuition for nervous/first time snorkelers. Wetsuits are great for floatation also and are provided to each guest.
Do you have prescription masks?
- Prescription masks are available for short-sighted guests
- They are available in –3, –5 which cater for most passengers
- Underwater, objects are magnified by 25% so minimal short-sightedness is not a problem
Do you offer guided snorkelling?
Our qualified biologists and guides will accompany you with a complimentary guided snorkelling tour on arrival at the Popes Eye Marine Park.
I am pregnant, can I still participate?
Yes, our tours cater for everyone; with stretchy wetsuits and walk in water access you will have a safe, fun and relaxing experience.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
After and Adventure Sightseeing Cruise?