Mooloolaba hosts some of the most healthy and beautiful coral reefs and this double dive will take you there. You will dive once in the morning, then there will be the opportunity for a second dive later in the day after a break. This dive is suitable for Open Water Divers (certified to 18 metres).
If you are diving by yourself the operator will buddy you up with another diver of similar experience.
About our dive boat
Our vessel is an 11.3 metre Naiad rigid hull inflatable, and has been rated as one of Australia’s most comfortable day boats. Our boat is perfect for diving the close inshore reefs. It is spacious, fast, and has all the comforts divers look for in a boat.
- Regular dive trips to the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs are scheduled
- Suitable for Open Water Divers (certified to 18 metres)
- Depth ranges from 12 to 35 metres. Average is 18 metres
- WH&SQ advise a certified diver should not dive in excess of the depth to which they have been trained or have logged experienced to. We will require a certification card or a dive log signed by a Dive Guide proving that you have had experience to a certain depth.
- Maximum dive time is 45 minutes
- EAN (nitrox) is available
- Torch is highly recommended to enhance your dives ($20 to hire)
Want Hassle-free diving?
- We are the closest dive shop to the Reefs. Only a 15 minute boat ride from our shop
- Private Marina - depart directly from our marina (you won’t waste time travelling to and from public jetties)
- We provide a complimentary pick up service within the local area
- Free all day parking at Scuba World
- Full use of our loading zone to unload your equipment
- Full use of our wash up facilities, toilets, hot showers and storage area.
Your Scuba Dive includes:
- Two dives on the Mooloolaba Coral Reefs
- Experienced dive guides on each trip. Our maximum ratio is one dive guide to six divers
- Light food and refreshments during your surface interval
- Free tank fills (if you bring your own tank)
- Your own safety sausage to keep ($10 value)
- 100% safety record
- Family owned and operated for more than 34 years
- Our team is friendly, highly trained and very experienced
Price shown is for 1 person, charter only.
Things to know
Is this dive site suitable for Open Water divers?
Do you accept all international certifications?
Do I need a torch when diving on the local reefs?
Torch is highly recommended and can be rented for $20/double dive.
What safety items do I need?
Queensland’s diving code of practice requires divers to carry their own whistle and safety sausage (SMB).
Is the dive weather dependant?
Yes, the dive is in open sea conditions.
I have not dived for a while, will I be able to dive?
- If you haven’t dived for more than 6 months you may need to complete a Scuba Skills Update.
- If you haven’t dived for more than 5 years but less than 10 years you will need to complete a Extended Scuba Skills Update.
- If you haven’t dived for more than 10 years you will need to complete a full Learn to Dive course before you can dive.
My partner/friend/family member is not certified. Can they still come on the boat?
No. Our insurance only covers current certified divers.
How long is this diving experience?
Allow roughly 5 hours.