Dive with Sharks at Cairns Aquarium: Ever wanted to dive and swim with sharks? If you answer yes then this is the experience for you. The great news is that you don't have to be a certified diver. In fact you don't even have to have breathed underwater before. The Dive with Sharks experience is open to everyone! So summon up some dutch courage and take the plunge into the Cairns Aquarium Reef Tank and meet some the gilled friends down there!
Dive with Sharks at Cairns Aquarium
- Coming face-to-face with sharks
- Encountering large stingrays, groupers and more
- Diving for the first time in my life!
Your 1.5 hour Dive with Sharks experience begins when you are introduced to the sharks from our Oceanarium viewing area. Our dive staff will ensure you are comfortable with the SCUBA equipment and breathing underwater before it’s time to dive in our underwater world! Following your dive, enjoy all day admission at the aquarium; a chance to get acquainted with the rest of our creatures – from the other side of the glass!
- All day aquarium admission
- Medical check (must pass to complete dive)
- Introduction to Scuba Dive brief and training session (approx. 90 minutes)
- All required diving equipment and wetsuit
- Discover Scuba Certificate of Completion
- Dives are 30 minutes in duration.
What to bring:
- Please ensure to bring your swimwear and a towel.
- Prescription mask/contact lenses if required
- Underwater camera if desired.
- You must be over 14 years old to Dive with Sharks in Cairns Aquarium.
- Any participants under 18 years of age must accompanied by a parent/guardian during the pre-dive briefing
- Available Monday to Friday at 12pm
- Not available on public holidays
- Non-English speaking guests must be accompanied by a translator for English dive briefing.
- Consumption of alcohol eight hours prior to dive is not permitted
- Aircraft travel within 12 hours of dive completion is not permitted
- If you have a pre-existing condition but still want to dive, you must get doctor's medical clearance form completed. Please contact us if you are unsure.
- The Dive with Sharks experience runs with a maximum of two participants per dive.
- Family and friends can watch from the dry side of the glass. General admission fees apply.
- Your Dive with Sharks experience takes place at Cairns Aquarium.
- 5 Florence Street, Cairns Queensland
You will be asked to fill out a Medical Statement in which you are informed of the key risks involved in scuba diving, and the conduct expected of you during
your dive experience.
Diving can be strenuous under certain conditions therefore you must be in good health and not suffer from:
- respiratory and circulatory problems,
- coronary disease,
- cold or congestion,
- any severe medical problem/s
- ear problem
No dive can be performed if you are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. Ingesting alcohol within 8 hours prior to your diving,
increase decompression illness risk as well as flying within 12 hours after your dive, therefore, for your safety you will not be allowed to
Once this experience has been confirmed, changes are at the discretion of Cairns Aquarium and must be arranged directly with them. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies to Cairns Aquarium Dive with the Sharks experiences. If the dive is cancelled within 24 hours, the following applies:
- Within 24 hours of dive: $99 booking fee will be held.
- Failure of dive medical: Forfeit $99 booking fee or reschedule after clearance from a Hyperbaric Doctor
- Cancelations made within 24 hours of the experience date and time will forfeit $99 of the booking fee
- After dive-briefing: Non-refundable
- Late arrivals or failure to attend will result in non-admittance and forfeiture of the booking fee.
- Cairns Aquarium reserves the right to refuse admittance to any person under the influence of drugs, alcohol or behaving in an offensive or uncooperative manner.