Discover Scuba Diving Experience, Great Barrier Reef: This is a Discover Scuba Diving experience where an experienced PADI diving instructor will instruct you on how to safely scuba dive allowing you to join the instructor diving on a selected reef system on the Great Barrier Reef. Join MV Adrenalin for this Discover Scuba Diving trip and explore the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef under the close supervision of your instructor. You'll be able to tick "Diving on the Great Barrier Reef" off your bucket list without committing to a full PADI dive course. If you’ve never dived before or you’re not certified, Discover Scuba Diving dives are a great way to experience Scuba Diving and see the Reef.
Ideal for beginners – no scuba diving experience is necessary.
Discover Scuba Diving Experience, Great Barrier Reef
- 2 Introductory Dives on Lodestone Reef
- Swimming with a large range of aquatic wildlife
- Wonderful corals
- Professional guides
- Great food
The target reef for the days scuba diving tour is Lodestone Reef. This reef is chosen for its diversity of sites, great coral cover, fish life and reasonable protection.
Some sites feature large coral bommies with white coral sand sea floors. Other sites offer large gutters running through the coral occupied by hundreds of reef fish, and colourful coral walls occupied by innumerable marine animals in crystal clear water. We choose the best sites based on the conditions of the day.
Depths at Lodestone range from 1 metre to 20 metres making it ideal for scuba diving.
Note: There is a maximum of 4 students per Instructor whilst underwater. Once completed, you will be given a certificate of participation.
Expect to see...
- Big schools of Trevally
- Parrot fish
- Maori wrasse
- Clown fish
- Angel fish
- And White tip and Black tip reef sharks often sighted.
MV Adrenaline: is a 14-metre custom built vessel, with fully shaded areas, sun deck, stabilisers, toilet, shower, along with easy access in & out of the water.
Introductory Diving Prerequisites:
- Capable swimming ability
- Minimum age of 12 years
- Basic medical questionnaire – Are you fit to do an Introductory SCUBA dive? Click here to view PADI’s Medical Questionnaire.
- Full day trip to the Great Barrier Reef
- Learning about the reef eco system
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Tropical lunch
- Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee throughout the day
- Demonstrations and instructions on snorkeling techniques
- Tanks and weights are included in the trip price.
- All EMC’s (Environmental Management Charges) and Mooring fees
- Experienced, Professional, Fun and Safe crew with a passion for the marine environment
- Experience the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef
Wet Suit Recommendation:
- Summer – full length suit to 3mm (October to April)
- Winter – full length up to 5mm suit (April to September). If you feel the cold bring a vest or hood for extra warmth.
- Gear Hire: Full gear is available for hire – BCD, regulator, dive computer, wetsuit.
- 9 hours
- 7.30 am until 4.30pm (4.00pm for Magnetic Island drop off)
- You can board the vessel from either Townsville or Magnetic Island, it’s your choice!
- Townsville – Breakwater Marina off The Strand at 7.00 am
- Magnetic Island – Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal at 7.30 am
- Scuba diving minimum age is 12 years.
What should you bring?
- Swimwear, towel, sunscreen, hat
- A warm jumper or wind/waterproof jacket is recommended in winter (May – September)
- You might want to bring a camera
Operator Cancellation Policy:
- 20% with 14 days’ – 48 hours’ notice
- 100% with less than 48 hours’ notice
- Reschedule fee:
- Day trips: 20% with less than 14 days’ notice
Some images © Achim Wetz Photography.