Learn how to drive safely in just about any vehicle with our Defensive Driving Course at Melbourne’s Sandown Raceway in Springvale. You’ll be driving your own car, so you are familiar with the vehicle from the very beginning. We’ll have you driving on wet roads, practicing emergency braking, undertaking multiple direction changes and swerving.
There is of course a theoretical aspect to this course and this is where we teach you how to understand drivers attitudes, motivations, and the risk taking behaviour that can affect not only the safety of the driver but also other road users. We teach you about tyre pressure, tyre condition and the effects poor tyres have on your car’s performance.
Defensive Driving Course
This Defensive Driving Course is presented in a relaxed and friendly environment by qualified, experienced instructors. We have designed the course so it offers a balance of theory and practical driving exercises.
Our Defensive Driving Course will:
- Teach you basic vehicle dynamics
- The correct systems of car control: seating, vision, and steering
- Correct braking techniques for both ABS and non-ABS vehicles
- Skid causation, basic skid control, and skid prevention
- Raise your awareness of car speed
- Improve your reaction time under stress
- Teach you about your car’s stopping distance
- Learn how your vehicle reacts in emergency situations
Things to know:
- You must be licensed
- Learners welcome but must be accompanied by a fully licensed driver
- Provide your own vehicle
- This is a Full Day Course 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- A course certificate is issued on completion of the course
- Spectators not permitted
- Not suitable for pregnant drivers
- Ideal for P Platers