Daintree Rainforest Tour, Port Douglas, QLD: Explore the ancient rainforests of the world heritage listed Daintree from the comfort of a luxury vehicle. On this tour you will visit the Daintree National Park, Mossman Gorge and a river cruise exploring the waterways rich in flora and fauna.
The tour will provide interpretive rainforest walks, a secluded lunch site, exclusive estuarine crocodile and wildlife spotting on Cooper Creek and, of course, friendly and knowledgeable local guides. We'll also visit the beaches of the northern section of the Daintree National Park where the rainforest meets the reef and you can stroll along the magical beaches.
The Daintree Rainforest Tour is Eco Certified "Advanced Ecotourism".
Daintree Rainforest Tour
- Mossman Gorge: Walk through rainforests to the crystal clear waters of the Mossman River
- Daintree River Ferry
- Rainforest boardwalks: A guided through lush rainforest and discover its incredible diversity
- Stunning beaches: Enjoy a walk along the beach & learn about Captain Cook’s journey up the Queensland coast.
- Cooper Creek River Cruise: Look out for estuarine crocodiles and other wildlife along the banks of this mangrove lined creek.
- Heritage Lodge: This hidden rainforest resort is the location for lunch.
- Daintree Ice Cream Company: Taste four delicious scoops of tropical fruit ice cream in a cup. (ice cream at guests own expense)
- Alexandra Lookout: Enjoy panoramic views of the Daintree Rainforest, mouth of the Daintree River, Snapper Island and Port Douglas in the distance.
- Daintree Rainforest Tour is a Full day guided tour
- Morning tea of local tea and freshly brewed coffee, delicious muffins and fresh fruit
- Gourmet lunch at a hidden rainforest resort
- Small personalised groups
- Air-conditioned, luxury vehicles
- On board commentary
- Fully guided rainforest walks
- Crocodile boat cruise
- Mossman Gorge
What to wear and bring:
- Comfortable footwear
- Swimwear and towel
- Hat and sunscreen
- Sunglasses are recommended.
Numbers on the Day:
- A maximum of 11 guests per tour.
- The Daintree Rainforest Tour departs at 7.20am and returns to Port Douglas around 4.30pm.
Ages & Fitness:
- Children must be aged 4–14 years, Adults 15+
- A basic level of mobility is required as you will be walking on well-maintained, flat boardwalks and beaches
- The Daintree Rainforest Tour will be rescheduled in bad weather.
- If you fail to show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- 100% refunds given if cancellation received & acknowledged by operator 48+ hours
- Cancellations are non refundable within 24 hours of trip.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- Refunds are paid if tour is cancelled by the operator.
- These are the conditions imposed by the operator.
Why not fly over the Daintree?
- Port Douglas Rainforest Helicopter Ride, 30 mins
- Daintree Rainforest Waterfall Experience for 2 people
- Daintree Secluded Beach Experience for 2 people