Cradle Mountain Canyoning Trip, Dove River, Tasmania: The Dove River Canyoning trip takes place in the Lost World Canyon, in Tasmania's Cradle Mountain area. This family oriented canyoning tour allows you to experience the beauty of the upper section of the Dove River. You will journey through quaint quartzite gorges, surrounded by a blanket of button-grass, ancient King Billy pines and, if you are lucky, wandering wombats.
Dove River Canyoning Experience
- Thrilling introduction to canyoning
- Family friendly
- Professional guides
- Amazing scenery
Children aged at least eight are welcome on the Cradle Mountain Canyoning trip and we recommend it for families and those who are out for a fun, refreshing adventure. All up the tour takes between three and four hours, with about an hour spent in the river.
Canyoning or abseiling experience is NOT necessary
Cradle Mountain Canyoning Trip
Family friendly and suitable for beginners! Walking and floating through a beautiful section of river, with optional jumps and other challenges along the way.
- Child ages 8 yrs – 15 yrs
- Family 2+2 is 2 adults and 2 children 8–15 yrs
- Family 2+3 is 2 adults and 3 children 8–15 yrs
- 8:30 am and 1:30 pm (3 hour trip)
- Cradle Mountain Visitor Information Centre
- We recommend this trip for beginners, families and those who are out for a fun, relaxing adventure.
What size is the group:
- Twelve – plus two guides.
What is provided:
- We provide all the specialised gear you need to wear throughout the trip
- life jacket, helmet, wetsuit, shoes, gloves and harness.
What should I bring:
- bathers, a rash-vest or thermal top
- dry clothes to get changed into
- light clothes in which to walk into the canyon
- neoprene, woollen or polar fleece socks (not cotton) to wear under your booties.
- a hat, drink bottle and sun-cream, a towel
- if you wear glasses you will need to bring a strap to secure them
- any medications you require
- Please notify us of any medical/physical conditions you feel we need to know about.
- If you need to bring medication, we can carry it in our waterproof first aid kit.
- Do not bring anything valuable with you. The river gods have a taste for jewellery and Swiss watches.
- Don't bringing cameras! They tend to get dropped to the bottom of the river. We take photos during the trip and can be purchased at the end.
- You should be physically fit
- Being able to swim on the Lost World Canyon is desirable, but not required.
- Park Fees apply: The Lost World Canyon Tours do not include National park fees. We recommend arriving early and purchasing passes from the Visitor Information Centre.
After something more extreme?
Check out our Full Day Dove Canyoning Experience here.