Collie River White Water Rafting & Abseiling Day, WA: We offer a day of abseiling the Wellington Dam quarry and then white water rafting the magnificent Collie River. Collie is situated 200 km south of Perth and offers the opportunity to experience two adventurous activities.
Collie River White Water Rafting & Abseiling
- 8 metre+ abseiling
- Rafting over rapids such as ‘3 drops’ and ‘waterfalls’
- Amazing location
- Challenging yourself!
In the morning we will take you through a safety briefing on safe roping practices and equipment fitting and then it's off to do our first descent, about 8 metres high on the introductory face and building up from there. After lunch, cool off from the hot summer sun swimming and paddling your way down the river.
The Collie River’s pristine waters are great for floating along and relaxing, but hang on tight when you experience the thrill of rapids such as ‘3 drops’ and ‘waterfalls’.
- You do not have to be a strong swimmer, as you will be provided with a life vest, but you should feel comfortable in the water.
- No prior white water rafting experience is necessary.
This experience is not suitable for young children.
What is provided
- An experienced guides & Instructors
- Complete safety and paddle briefing prior to rafting
- Hot Soup & Fresh Bread roll at start or completion of adventure.
- Transport ex Perth and return
- All necessary equipment for a safe and exciting river trip including top quality life jackets, helmets and wetsuits + abseiling gear
We suggest you bring
- Day pack for personal items
- Hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Rubber band to tie back long hair
- Any personal medication. First aid kits are carried on all Adventure Out programs.
- Clothing -– Comfortable loose clothing (tracksuit pants, polo shirt, old jumper, etc). Consider including: bathers, thermal underwear, two pairs of socks, etc)
- Plastic bags to store wet items
- Footwear – enclosed footwear must be worn on the water ie runners, wetsuit booties or enclosed reef shoes. Bring a second pair of shoes as one pair will get wet.
- Bring a wetsuit if you prefer to wear your own, perhaps it will fit better.
- Rain jacket, this will help to keep you comfortable in inclement weather.
- Camera. Alternatively, our staff will be taking photos which can be purchased.
DON'T BRING: For safety purposes, we suggest you leave ALL jewellery at home.
- This experience is available on selected days from December to February ONLY.
- You will depart from Welshpool at 6:30am and return around 7pm.