The Royal Coastal Track Walk: Join this guided 2 day walk on the spectacular Coast Track, also known as the Coastal Track, or Coastal Walk, the jewel in the crown of the Royal National Park in Sydney. The track runs along sheer sandstone cliffs with panoramic views stretching miles in all directions. Experience picturesque freshwater lagoons, the unusual milky white cliff faces sculpted by the sea, ancient Aboriginal carvings, the distinctive Eagle Rock, unspoilt beaches, wild moors, the tranquil Palm Jungle rainforest plus much more. There is unlimited opportunities for photographing the scenic coastline, observing birds and wildflowers in spring, or migrating whales in this magnificent National Park.
This is a 26km walk over 2 days graded as a medium level walk.
You'll love our 2 day Royal Coast Track Walk - no need to carry your gear - we'll transport your overnight bags to our overnight accommodation in a heritage cabin.
Overnight stay in a Heritage Cottage
After a great day hiking, it’s nice to have a fantastic place to come back to. We spend 1 night in a heritage cottage set amongst the bushland in the National Park with a short stroll to the picturesque river with its stunning turquoise water. With indoor and outdoor dining area, a large lounge area to relax as well as a bath, hot shower and comfy beds, this is the perfect place to kick back and relax as our guides prepare a delicious meal for your enjoyment served with Australian wine
When is the best time of the year to do this walk?
We run this tour all year round and every season has it benefits. In summer (from December to February) you can take advantage of clear days, swimming in the numerous waterholes and the fantastic lagoon and beach at Wattamolla, March to April is autumn and has perfect weather for hiking but still warm enough to swim. Winter from June to August is an incredible time with the whales making their migration north which can be spotted from the clifftops on this walk, with Spring from September to November perfect conditions for walking with amazing wildflower displays.
- Fully supported walk
- Your overnight bag transported to our accommodation
- Accommodation in a heritage cottage set in the National Park with comfy beds and hot showers
- Professionally guided – Our guides are so passionate, knowledgable and enthusiastic, they will be having just as much fun as you.
- 1 x Hot and Cold Breakfast; 2 x lunches; Pre-dinner cheeses, dips, antipasto and water crackers; 1 x delicious dinner
Australian Red and White Wine, beer and refreshments to enjoy with your evening meal. Please note we advise drinking in moderation.
- For those driving: Meet at Otford and we will transfer you at no extra charge to the start of the walk. On day 2 when you arrive at Otford you can simply jump in your car and go.
- For those taking public transport: Meet us at the start of the walk at Bundeena and on day 2 we will drop you at a train station with regular services such as Sutherland at no extra cost for the journey home.
Or for those visiting Sydney: We offer a hotel pick-up and drop off from the Sydney CBD for an additional $40 extra per person.
National Park fees and entry fees.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Prices shown is for 1 person.
Things to know
The Coastal Track walk is graded as medium and is 26kms over 2 days. This walk is suitable for those with an good level of fitness. Day 1 is a longer 17kms while day 2 is shorter 9kms.
WHAT TO BRING
- 3 litres of water (refilled overnight)
- Sleeping bag
- Personal toiletries
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Warm clothes for the evening
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Change of clothes as required
- Towel and swimmers
The operator can pick you up from your hotel and drop you off at the end of the day. Transfer are available for an extra fee from any hotel in the Sydney CBD or Manly area.
Please Note: Hotel pick-ups are organised directly with the operator after booking. Break Loose is not involved in organising this service.
A minimum of 4 people is needed for tour to proceed. Maximum of 20 people.
Prices shown is for 1 person.