Cairns Canyoning Tour in Behana Gorge: The Behana Gorge waterfalls canyoning tour from Cairns will have you jumping, sliding and abseiling your way down this spectacular gorge. Exploring the lush rainforest of the North Queensland rainforests, you will find yourself getting up close with the unique flora and fauna of the area. This tour is perfect for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike!
Cairns Canyoning Tour, Behana Gorge
- Abseiling down waterfalls!
- Sliding down huge boulders.
- Jumping into large pools.
- Spectacular views of the gorgeous Behana Gorge.
- Relaxing swimming spot beneath a waterfall.
Joining the Cairns Canyoning Tour to Behana Gorge waterfalls is super easy. You meet your guides in the Cairns City CBD where a very comfortable air-conditioned mini-bus will take you to the canyoning site. After a scenic 40 minute drive, you will reach Behana Gorge, set among the amazing backdrop of far North Queensland rainforests. Here you will be taught all you need to know about abseiling, from sliding to cliff jumping. Once you have the basics down, the real adventure will begin! This exciting adventure will have you exploring the pristine rainforest and roaring waterfalls. After all that excitement, you'll have time to sit and enjoy a relaxing swim under the waterfalls.
What's Supplied on your Cairns Canyoning Tour?
- Wetsuits (Winter Season)
- Helmet, Harness, Carabiners, Life Jacket
- Safety equipment to wear for the canyoning adventure
- Professional abseil instruction from a certified instructor
- Return Shuttle Transport from Allbout Cairns Shop to location
Fitness and Restrictions:
- This tour is perfect for beginners!
- It is recommended that participants are capable swimmers and comfortable in and around water.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required.
- No Alcohol – (A Zero 0 tolerance towards alcohol &/or drug abuse)
- These tours are not suitable for those with spinal issues, or who are pregnant
- 8+ years, however participants under 18 must have a guardian present.
What to bring:
- BYO food – Snacks
- Board shorts, swimmers, rash top (optional)
- Dry clothes, towel, sunscreen
- Closed toed shoes (runners) & socks
- Extra cash if you would like to purchase your photos/video/shoe hire/transfers or merchandise
- Gropro & attachments (must be hands free)
- Wear contact lenses rather than prescription glasses.
- Daily medication
- Humour and a sense of adventure
Numbers on the day:
- A minimum of 4 is needed for a tour to proceed.
- There will be a maximum of 12 participants on each canyoning trip
- Allow 6 hours for the Cairns Canyoning Tour.
- 2 Behana Canyoning Trips run daily:
- Starting time 6am or 11am
- Meet at the Allbout Cairns Shop, 58 Grafton Street, Cairns city, QLD 4870
- If you fail to show for the Cairns Canyoning Tour you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you cancel before 72 hours from tour date, a 95% of your tour will be refunded.
- If you cancel before 48 hours from tour date, a 45% will be refunded.
- If you cancel after 48 hours, no refund is offered.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- If the operator cancels due to dangerous weather conditions, or the minimum of 4 people hasn't been met for the tour, a new day will be rescheduled.
- The tour operator reserves the right to refuse or accept a person on a tour in certain circumstances.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
You may also be interested in: