Cairns Big Canyoning Adventure, Crystal Canyon: Experience the magical tropical rainforest up close and personal with this exciting canyoning experience in the Crystal Cascades, outside of Cairns. Abseil, slide, jump and zipline your way through Queensland's best kept secret. We guarantee this will get your adrenaline pumping!
Cairns Big Canyoning Adventure
- 5 big abseils up to 32 metres (104 ft)
- Rockslides and swimming
- 4 Rock Jumps if you are feeling brave
- 30m Zip Line with water splashdown
- Relaxing swimming spot beneath a waterfall.
You will be picked up form your accommodation in Cairns before driving 25 minutes to the tropical rainforest. Your experienced leaders will talk you through the techniques of canyoning, as well as providing you with all the equipment you require. Once you're dressed in your helmet, boots and padded shorts you're ready to start your Cairns Big Canyoning Adventure! This incredible experience provides you with 32 meters of abseiling, rock sliding, swimming and zip-lining into pristine swimming pools. You don't need to worry about anything, all you need to do is have fun!
What's Supplied on the Cairns Big Canyoning Adventure?
- Wetsuits (Winter Season)
- Helmet, Harness, Carabiners, Life Jacket
- Safety equipment to wear for the canyoning adventure
- Professional abseil instruction from a certified instructor
- Return Shuttle Transport from Allbout Cairns Shop to location
Fitness and Experience:
- This tour is perfect for beginners!
- It is recommended that participants are capable swimmers and comfortable in and around water.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required.
- No Alcohol – (A Zero 0 tolerance towards alcohol &/or drug abuse)
- These tours are not suitable for those with spinal issues, or who are pregnant.
- 12+ years, however participants under 18 must have a guardian present.
What to bring:
- BYO food – Snacks
- Board shorts, swimmers, rash top (optional)
- Dry clothes, towel, sunscreen
- Closed toed shoes (runners) & socks
- Extra cash if you would like to purchase your photos/video/shoe hire/transfers or merchandise
- GroPro & attachments (must be hands free)
- Wear contact lenses rather than prescription glasses.
- Daily medication
- Humour and a sense of adventure
- Allow 6 hours for the Cairns Big Canyoning Adventure.
- 2 Crystal Canyon Canyoning Trips run daily:
- Starting time 6am or 12pm
- Meet at the Allbout Cairns Shop, 58 Grafton Street, Cairns city, QLD 4870
- If you fail to show for the Cairns Big Canyoning Adventure you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you cancel before 72 hours from tour date, a 95% of your tour will be refunded.
- If you cancel before 48 hours from tour date, a 45% will be refunded.
- If you cancel after 48 hours, no refund is offered.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- If the operator cancels due to dangerous weather conditions, or the minimum of 4 people hasn't been met for the tour, a new day will be rescheduled.
- The tour operator reserves the right to refuse or accept a person on a tour in certain circumstances.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Why not try the Cairns Canyoning Tour, Behana Gorge, QLD as well!