Byron Bay Scenic Joy Flight with gentle aerobatics, 25 mins. This is a scenic joy flight with a difference. That difference being some mild aerobatics thrown in. Imagine telling your friends you saw the Byron Bay area while barrel rolling past the lighthouse! Well maybe not quite, but you get the feel here. This is great aerobatics taster with some wonderful scenic views of Bryon and Ballina to top it off. This is a warbird adventure flight that will be structured to your wishes.
Byron Bay Scenic Joy Flight with gentle aerobatics
- 25 minutes from engine on to off in a Russian YAK 52 aircraft
- Feel medium to high g-forces as you speed along
- Sights of the Byron Bay Area including the coastline, Mt Warning and the Byron Bay Hinterland
This is rated a mild aerobatic experience which will include some loops and rolls or get your adrenalin pumping.
The Yak 52 Aircraft:
The Yak 52, VH-YYA, is a 1991 model built for the Russian Air Force, making it one of the newest Yaks in Australia. Due to the collapse of the Soviet Union this aircraft was placed in storage until 1997 when it was imported to Australia. The aircraft carries its original military colour scheme and our Yak 52 is complete with the original Russian instrumentation and avionics. It has a powerful 360hp supercharged 9 cylinder radial engine and the aircraft is stressed to +7/-5 G. It is capable of extreme aerobatics but also makes the perfect aircraft for cruising around with the canopy open to have a leisurely look at the amazing scenery in the Byron Bay area.
The aircraft is fitted with a smoke generator which uses vegetable oil to produce a high visibility white smoke trail for your friends to keep track of your flight path as you carve up the sky.
- 25 minutes in a Russian YAK 52 aircraft
- Safety and aircraft briefing
- Qualified pilot
- Mild aerobatics
- We operate from the Ballina Aero Club at the General Aviation area of Ballina Byron Gateway Airport.
- Your pilot will give you specific directions where to meet.
- You'll spend 25 mins in the Yak plane. This is from engine start to engine stop.
- Please allow up to 2 hours for this experience in case of weather or Air Traffic Control delays
- You should plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your arranged departure time, so that you can be briefed on the safety features of the aircraft.
- Maximum height 6ft6 and max weight is 120kgs.
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Children under 18 years are required to have parent or guardian authorisation
- Maximum weight for this experience is 110kg
- Maximum height is 190cm
- Participants will need to sign a waiver before flying
- Unsuitable for pregnant women
- The aircraft is capable of abrupt movement. We recommend you obtain medical advice if you have a prevailing condition.
- Spectators are welcome.
- This experience is weather dependent.
- Flights do not occur in rain or strong winds.
- If this weather does occur on the day of your flight you will contacted and rescheduled to another day.
- All weather decisions are made on the day of the flight, not before.
Conditions, Cancellation Policy and Booking Changes
- Flight times quoted are from engine start to engine shutdown. Times are approximate and may vary according to wind conditions, Air Traffic Control etc.
- A minimum of 48 hrs notice is required to change a booking.
- Cancellation Fees:
- A $50 cancellation fee applies if you cancel within 48 hrs of your booking, paid to the operator.
- All cancellations incur a 1.75% fee to cover merchant charges, paid to Break Loose.
- No refunds are paid if you fail to show on the day.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.