Bundeena-Audley Kayaking Tour, Eco-Adventure: This Bundeena to Audley kayak tour is a very popular kayaking tour where you explore the entire stretch of the Hacking Waterway from the coastal beaches of Bundeena, stunning bushland of the Royal National Park, mangrove eco-systems around Grays Point to historic Audley deep in the National Park. Includes expertly guided kayak eco-tour, all equipment, morning tea, BBQ lunch and a return bus transfer back to Bundeena.
Bundeena-Audley Kayaking Tour
- Paddling the entire stretch of the Hacking from coast to weir
- Exploring the diverse and stunning scenery
- Enjoying well earned and scrumptious BBQ lunch
- Meet 15 minutes prior to scheduled start of your tour to complete paperwork, be fitted into safety vest and kayak and organise your gear.
- Begin with technique and safety briefing from your expert guide
- Then the group heads off – enjoy an approximate 4 km paddle along the gorgeous stretches of Bundeena beaches and sand-spit and up into the Royal National Park
- Stop off at lovely Warrumbul for a tea break and leg stretch for about 20 minutes (toilet available)
- Continue paddling upriver along the southern shore of the Hacking River and bordered by the Royal National Park and into the valleys of Audley where the cliffs and trees tower above the river and nature surrounds!
- Explore the Audley weir from the water and disembark for lunch
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ luncheon (cooked by Chef Don Don) as you relax by the waterside
- Climb aboard the shuttle bus feeling exhilarated from your wonderful kayaking adventure and lay back for the ride back to Bundeena (which takes about 20 minutes)
- Total trip is 11 kms.
- Moderate – Difficult (suited to people with good fitness and previous kayaking experience)
- Bonnie Vale, Bundeena NSW south of Sydney in the Royal National Park.
- Previous kayaking experience is required.
- You must be able to swim and be in reasonably fit condition.
- Minimum age 16 years.
Days & Time:
1.30pm See "Availability" tab above.
- Enquire with us about other dates not shown.
What to bring?
- Hat, sunscreen, towel
- Comfortable lightweight clothes (no jeans) are best
- Hat and plastic shoes/thongs or shoes that you don’t mind getting wet.
- Change of clothes, sunglasses,
- Pack a light weight wet weather jacket in case of rain and a fleece if it is expected to be cool
- Water bottle (1Litre), plastic bag or dry bag, picnic lunch and rug.
What is provided:
- Hire of kayak (note that we mainly use double kayaks on our tours), Paddle, PFD Safety Vest, Small Dry Storage Bag
- Morning Tea: tea/coffee, biscuits, nuts/dried fruit, seasonal fruit mix, juice.
- BBQ Luncheon: steak, sausages, BBQ vege mix, corn on the cob, onions, tossed salad, potato salad, sliced bread and juice.
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements and we will be happy to cater to your needs.
- Gluten free is easy!
- This kayak tour is weather dependant.
- The tour will be cancelled if wind strength exceeds 20 knots.
- Tours generally go ahead in the rain.
- During extreme conditions the tour may be cancelled.
- The tour guide will contact you if the tour is to be cancelled and it will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Bundeena-Audley Kayaking Tour runs on Saturdays throughout the year.
- Allow 5–6 hours – including transfer/lunch/morning tea breaks (approx. 3 hours paddling)
Numbers on Day:
- Up to 9 other paddlers in the group on the day.
- A minimum of 2 is needed for a tour to proceed.
Other Kayaking Tours in Sydney include...