The Bruny Island Long Weekend: Join this 3-day luxury guided food, wine and walking tour where you are treated to coastal walks, produce direct from the source, luxury camping and exquisite meals. Our Bruny Island Long Weekend is designed as an all inclusive experience so you can leave your wallet at home.
Our guided walks take you through varied terrain including beaches, rocky headlands, bush trails and rainforest. By the end of the Long Weekend you will know Bruny Island intimately. After traversing headlands where the next stop is Antarctica retreat back to camp, built completely off-the-grid, with luxury in mind. Crisp sheets on king-sized beds and an outdoor shower framed by towering Eucalypts await.
Tours operate between October and April.
The Bruny Island Long Weekend
- Three full days to explore Bruny Island with your guides
- Two nights glamping with a king-size bed and quality linen at our 100 acre retreat
- Return journey from the Hobart waterfront down the River Derwent to Bruny Island by private boat.
- Spectacular coastal walks to explore all corners of this amazing island
- Exclusive access to an oyster lease where you can help your self to as many oysters as you like, straight out of the water.
- Absolute indulgence at every meal time with Tasmania’s finest food & wine (2 breakfast, 3 lunches, 2 dinners)
- Bruny Island Cruise with the chance to see seals, dolphins, whales and albatross.
Food is an element very closely connected with Bruny Island and an important part of The Bruny Island Long Weekend. Almost 100% of the food we consume over the long weekend has been sourced from the island itself or within Tasmania. The quality of produce on Bruny Island is exceptional!
The Bruny Island Walks
Our guided walks take you through varied terrain including beaches, rocky headlands, bush trails and rainforest and by the end of the Long Weekend you will feel like you know Bruny Island intimately.
The walks are challenging enough to support our questionable claim of being a ‘calorie neutral’ tour, but easy enough to be within most people’s ability. We recommend you be in good health and be moderately fit to undertake the trip.
One of the great aspects of our walks is that as we return to the same camp both nights, you do not have to carry a pack!
Download our Itinerary here: PY77T0-The-Bruny-Island-Long-Weekend
- Price is All Inclusive
- Two nights twin/double share accommodation in a luxury tent with a king-size bed
- Journey to and from Hobart to Bruny Island by private boat
- All food and drinks
- Expert, qualified guides
- All national parks passes
- Trips depart the Hobart waterfront at 8an on the first day and return at approximately 6pm on the final day.
- A moderate level of fitness is required. If you are unsure please contact us.
- This experience is 3 days in duration
- There are regular scheduled departures from October to April
Numbers on the Trip:
- This Bruny Island Weekender runs with a maximum of 8 people
- There will be at least 2 guides
- In the event of rain or inclement weather the experience will still go ahead unless contacted by the tour operator.
- If your experience is cancelled you will be rescheduled by the tour operator.
- All you really need to bring is your clothes, a torch/flashlight and your personal items packed in a medium sized overnight bag
- Please ask your hotel to store any large suitcases.
- The operator will contact you with a Clothing and Gear checklist in your Pre-Departure info.
Cancellation by Guest:
- 60 days or more prior to departure: No Charge
- 30-59 days prior to departure: $400 per person or free date change (subject to availability)
- 0-29 days prior to departure: 100% of the tour price
Cancellation by Operator:
We will not knowingly place at risk the health and wellbeing of our guests and guides. In the case of natural threats, acts of God and the like (e.g. bushfires) we may need to cancel a walk with very little notice. In some cases, this can occur after the walk has commenced. If we need to cancel for any reason, we will fully refund the cost of the walk or provide a replacement walk at a later date convenient to both parties. Any other costs associated with travel to Hobart, overnight accommodation, meals etc will not be covered by us and therefore we strongly recommend travel insurance be taken out prior to travel.