Brunswick River Nature Kayak Tour: The Brunswick River is one of the most beautiful river systems in New South Wales. We run our Brunswick River Nature Kayak Tour on the top of the tide when the waters create a crystal clean and calm oasis for kayaking in. Kayak along peaceful waters where the only interruption will be from local sea birds and wildlife calling out as you cruise by.
Brunswick River Nature Kayak Tour:
- Kayaking on crystal clear water
- Spotting wildlife above and below the water
- Snorkelling and swimming along the way
- No experience needed
- Ideal for families
This kayak tour is a gentle paced adventure. Take the time out the breath in the clean salty air and paddle past sand dunes that separate the river from the beach whilst taking in the stunning coastal scenery. You trip is guided by local nature enthusiasts who will lead you along and point out local features of the environment.
Take a break on the river bank for a swim and a snack before winding up your tour and heading back to the real world. This kayak tour last about 2+ hours.
We can meet you in Brunswick Heads or pick you up in Byron Bay. This is a leisurely kayak tour. Children can come that are 5 years old and over. We run this tour at different times each day so we can best pick the tides and go when the water is at its clearest.
- Family* = 2 Adults + 2x Children
- Child = 5 – 15 yrs
- Just a 15min drive from Byron Bay
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Tours are daily, departing at 9:30am and 2:00pm
- No experience is necessary, our expert guides teach you all you need to know to enjoy your tour.
- We can also pick you up from your accommodation in Byron Bay at no extra charge.
- Tour start times will vary each day due to tidal activity
What is included?
- Pick Up/Drop Off in Byron Bay, Brunswick Heads
- Kayaking Lesson for any beginners (it’s super easy)
- All Kayaking equipment
- Drinks, BBQ to finish
- Free photos for download
- Secure storage for belongings
What do I bring?
- Swimwear, hat, towel
- Change of clothes for after the paddle
- Feel free to bring along your own waterproof camera/gopro
How fit do I need to be?
- If you have a sense of adventure you will be fine. You do not need to be superman or the bionic woman
- You do not need to be an experienced paddler - we will show you the basics to get you started.
- Most of our customers have never paddled before and they love it!
What if I can't swim?
- Our tours are run by local Surf Life Savers, ensuring your safety. We have a 100% Safety Record. You are still welcome to paddle, pease notify your guide if you are a non-swimmer before starting your tour.
- All paddlers are fitted with a lifejacket.
What is the minimum age?
- Children are welcome who are 5 years old and over.
Ever through of kayaking with Dolphins?