Brisbane Top Rope Rock Climbing Course 2 Days: Whether you're currently climbing in a gym and want to take it outdoors or you're climbing outdoors with a club or friends and want to know how it all works, this accredited 2 day course is designed to enable you to set up safely at any crag that you have top rope access to. Take your climbing to the next level with our Top Rope course in Brisbane.
Brisbane Top Rope Rock Climbing Course
- Learn to climb with the best professional guides
- Great locations in Brisbane & Glass House Mountains
- Lessons run in a safe and fun environment
- Gets you off to a great start in the sport of rock climbing
- Be challenged both physically and mentally
This is an accredited rock climbing course, bookings must be made 2 weeks in advance. Study materials and exams will be sent after payment is received.
Units of Competencies:
SISOCLN201A Demonstrate simple top roping skills on natural surfaces
SISOCLN302A Apply climbing skills on natural surfaces
SISOCLN303A Establish belays for climbing on natural surfaces
SISOABN201A Demonstrate simple abseiling skills on natural surfaces
SISOABN303A Apply single pitch abseiling skills on natural surfaces
SISOABN304A Establish ropes for single pitch abseiling on natural surfaces
Top Rope Climbing Course Itinerary
Day 1: (Top rope bottom belay)
- Review of Exams
- Review equipment for rock climbing
- Knot Tying
- Anchors for Abseil
- Retrievable Abseil
- Interpreting a guide-book an locating a route
- Identifying rock features
- Creating a safety line system
- Setting up anchor systems for a bottom belay system
- Belay skills
Day 2: (Top rope bottom belay)
- Creating anchors using artificial anchor points
- Safety calls
- Climbing skills
- Further climbing practice
- Assessment phase
Pre Course Preparation:
- Exams MUST be completed, prior to the course start date and brought with you to the course
- Completed exams are to be submitted to the instructor on the first morning of the course
- Study guides are sent once the booking is confirmed and are available as a downloadable link.
- Study guides assist with the completion of the exams. Allow a day to complete the exams
- Must be at least 15 years of age and of moderate fitness.
- Participants under 18 years will need permission for a parent or legal guardian.
- Participants must be able to speak, and understand the English language. This requirement is stipulated on the grounds of safety at height
- Completed LLN self assessment questionnaire must be handed back prior to course commencement
- USI number (You can create on here... http://bit.ly/2B6Zhp9
- Statement of Attainment (Certificate) will be sent electronically.
- This course is subject to minimum and maximum numbers to run
- Kangaroo Point Cliffs in Brisbane. Day 1.
- Mt. Ngungun is a cliff in the Glasshouse Mountains about 50 mins north of Brisbane. Day 2.
- 2 Days (approx 07:30am to 5:00pm)
What is supplied?
- We supply all necessary safety equipment expert training and will help you achieve your goals.
What to wear & bring:
- We suggest that you wear loose comfortable clothing.
- You are required to wear closed in shoes such as hiking or jogging shoes.
- Also bring a good, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Snacks plus at least 1.5L water for the day.
- Bring a backpack to carry your personal belongings and your allocated abseiling gear.
Looking for other rock climbing courses?
- Brisbane Rock Climbing Course, 4 Weeks, 6 Sessions
- Glasshouse Mountains Rock Climbing, Full Day
- Brisbane Rock Climbing Experience, 3hrs