Brisbane Hot Air Balloon Flight: This is a 60 minute hot air balloon flight from the heritage city of Ipswich with a bird's-eye view of the greater Brisbane area. While flying over the local countryside you will soak in the views of the heritage city of Ipswich, Great Dividing Range mountains, Brisbane city skyline, Scenic Rim and Somerset countryside. This is a truely unique opportunity to take in panoramic city and country sights all in one package.
Brisbane Hot Air Balloon Flight
- A magical one hour balloon flight
- Wonderful views to the city of Brisbane
- Boutique flight with less people!
Our flight is the closest you'll find to Brisbane, only 30 minutes by car to the meeting point in Ipswich. Your morning will start early, before the sun rises in fact. After meeting your pilot and crew at the Ipswich Visitor Information Centre, you'll be transferred to the launch site. This is determined each morning by the pilot, based on the wind direction and conditions. At the launch site your involvement depends entirely upon yourself. You can watch the crew prepare the balloon for flight. Or you can actively be involved in its preparation. When the balloon is inflated and the pilot gives the ok, its time to climb aboard the basket and take off!
Once in the air the balloon will rise above the sounds below. You'll watch as the countryside begins to wake up, the mist rises and the views become amazingly beautiful. While on your Brisbane Hot Air Balloon Flight you should expect to see, depending on weather conditions:
- The heritage city of Ipswich, Queensland’s oldest provincial city
- The skyline of Brisbane, Mt Coot-Tha and Moreton Bay
- Flinders Peak, Mount Walker, Cunningham’s Gap and Mount Tamborine
- The Bremer and Brisbane Rivers and Wivenhoe Dam
- The stunning peaks of the Great Dividing Range, McPherson and D’Aguilar ranges
- The agricultural Brisbane, Fassifern and Lockyer valleys and their quaint country towns.
Once the flight is over, the balloon and equipment is packed up and everyone is transferred back to town.
Your flight is operated by Floating Images Hot Air Balloon Flights, a small family ballooning business and owner and Chief Pilot Graeme Day has over 29 years’ experience flying balloons on three continents. This boutique ballooning company only takes 4–10 passengers per flight so you won't be crammed into the basket. Graeme has an intimate knowledge of the local region and passion for ballooning and shares this with his passengers.
What is included in the Brisbane Hot Air Balloon Flight?
- Approximate 1-hour balloon flight over Ipswich, Scenic Rim and Somerset regions – a city to countryside flight
- Peace of mind that you have chosen to fly with an owner-operator.
- Every flight is with Chief pilot Graeme who has nearly 30 years ballooning experience
- Personalised in-flight commentary
- Passengers can assist with inflation & deflation of balloon (optional)
- Free parking at the central city meeting point
- Transportation during the flight experience
- In-flight photography will be taken on most flights, with the opportunity to purchase photos at breakfast
- A personalised commemorative flight certificate
Can children attend?*
- Children aged from 6–12 are welcome and must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Adult prices apply from 13 years upwards.
- The child must be able to see over the edge of the basket (1.2m high) unaided by any person or objects for safety reasons.
- Infants are not permitted due to the Civil Aviation and Safety Authority (CASA) regulations and guidelines.
- In the car park of the Ipswich Visitor Information Centre
- Queens Park, 14 Queen Victoria Parade, Ipswich
- Allow 3–4 hours for the total experience.
What to wear:
- Comfortable layers of outdoor clothing to match the season are recommended
- A hat and sturdy shoes
- No open foot wear or high heels are permitted
- You must be fit enough to be able to climb into and out of the basket
- You cannot fly if you are pregnant
- Please advise us if you are over 90 kilograms or have any medical issues.
- Anyone over 115kg may incur a 50% surcharge paid directly to the operator.
- Due to safety factors passengers over 130kg cannot participate in hot air ballooning.
- Passengers are required to stand or lean for the duration of the flight. Passengers must be able to stand unaided for the duration of the flight.
- No additional aids such as seats, walkers, sticks or crutches are permitted in the basket.
- All passengers must complete and sign a standard company Registration, Medical Check and Assumption of Risk form before the flight
- Your Brisbane Hot Air Balloon Flight is a weather dependant adventure experience.
- Please telephone Floating Images Hot Air Balloon Flights, the night prior to the flight to confirm flight time and weather conditions.
- In the event of poor weather, the balloon flight will be rescheduled for a later date.
Numbers on the Day:
- A Minimum of four and a maximum of 10 passengers per flight.
- In the event that minimum numbers are not met, Floating Images Hot Air Balloon Flights reserves the right to reschedule your experience for a later date.
Are you after breakfast with your flight?
- If you fail to show, there will be no refunds offered.
- Any flight altered or cancelled within 72 hours prior to flight date will forfeit the full fare per person and will not be refunded.
- Any flight altered or cancelled between 72 hours (3 days) and 7 days prior to flight date will incur a rebooking fee of $50.00 per
person will be charged or deducted from your refund.
- Any flight altered or cancelled between 8 and 14 days prior to flight date – will incur a $25 cancellation fee per person deducted
from your refund.
- Note: For refunds which are initiated by the customer, a 2% fee is charged by Break Loose on top of above operator fees.
Break Loose recommends that you should always consider Travel Insurance when booking an experience.