Brisbane 4WD Training and Off-Road Skills Course: Join our 1-day 4WD training course and come away with some very valuable basic 4WD driving skills. The course takes place at Esk, 90 minutes from Brisbane. This 4WD training course will have you driving your 4WD confidently in all types of terrain and conditions. This is a must for the new 4WD enthusiast
Brisbane 4WD Off Road Skills Course
- Highly professional instructors
- Highly regarded training organisation
- Full-day hands-on 4WD driver training
This 4WD training course has been designed to give you the basic skills to take your 4WD on an off-road adventure safely. The number of trainees is limited to a ratio of 1 trainer to 6 students so that you can experience excellent training standards.
Can I bring an observer?
We discourage “observers” on all of our courses. Observers cannot drive or be involved in the class discussion and there is nothing for them to do apart from sitting in the vehicle. The 4WD days are quite long and it’s not really a family outing.
About the Brisbane 4WD Training Course
This course covers operating your 4WD vehicle over a variety of terrain, water crossings, snatch strap recovery, and wheel changing.
You are not required to do any modifications to your vehicle and we supply all recovery gear necessary for the training.
On completion of the course you will be receiving a TLIC2025 Operate four wheel drive vehicle certificate.
This 4WD course covers:
- performing pre-operational vehicle checks
- applying safe vehicle loading practices
- changing a wheel on a 4WD vehicle sited on uneven ground
- stall/key start recovery downhill forward and reverse
- implementing minimal environmental impact practices
- operating a 4WD vehicle competently in off-highway conditions, including:
- up and down steep inclines
- correct range, gears and techniques
- through muddy terrain and ditches
- across side slope involving irregular terrain
- irregular sandy terrain
- through water and along dry and wet dirt roads.
- using a single snatch strap to recover a vehicle
- operating a 4WD vehicle giving due regard to Workplace Health and Safety issues
- knowledge and skills required to use a 4WD vehicle with due regard to environmental issues
- Brisbane Basic 4WD Training Course is a 1 Day course.
- Note: Please bring your own lunch & drinks.
- Some pre-reading & answering a pre-course questionnaire is required
- Esk, Queensland.
Other 4WD Driver Training Courses include: