Bremer Canyon Killer Whale Adventure, South West WA: This is a once in a lifetime marine adventure! From January to April each year this full day Killer Whale Adventure will take you to an area in Australian waters where you can reliably encounter the legendary Killer Whale. Apart from Killer Whales, the cruise may also encounter pods of long-finned pilot whales, sperm whales, a rare beaked whale or blue whale. Large pods of bottlenose, striped, and common dolphins, shark species including great whites, whaler sharks, and the beautiful oceanic blue, a species never seen from shore.
Bremer Canyon Killer Whale Adventure
- Sightings of Killer Whales
- Also seeing other whale species, dolphins, sharks
- Qualified Marine Biologist aboard
- Families and children welcome
- 25 years in the industry
Where is Bremer Canyon? Sixty kilometres offshore, where the Australian continental shelf plummets to the deep ocean the Bremer Canyon lies. At 200 km long, 70 km wide and over 3.5 km deep. It is here you'll find the legendary Orca. It's at this time the Orca (Killer Whales) often approach and surround the vessel in clearly mutual fascination.
- The Bremer Canyon Killer Whale Adventure departs from Bremer Bay Boat Harbour.
- Located at the end of Swarbrick Road, Bremer Bay.
- Arrival 7.45am ready for vessel departure at 8.30am
- Bremer Bay is a two hour drive from Albany or five hour drive from Perth, Western Australia.
- Child fares 10–17yrs
- Adults 18+
- Min age is 10 years.
- Informative commentary from qualified Marine Biologist
- Close encounters with killer whales
- Morning, Afternoon Tea and Lunch
- The Bremer Canyon Killer Whale Adventure runs for 8 hours.
- Please allow up to 3 hours depending on wildlife sightings.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure
Season & Cruise times:
- January – April
- 8:30am daily. Min numbers needed for cruise to proceed.
- Killer Whale watching cruise is weather dependent.
- In the event of unsafe weather, your cruise will be rescheduled.
- Do you get seasick? We recommend you organise sea sickness tablets with your pharmacist and take prior to the tour.
- Dress for the conditions of the day. Please wear flat enclosed shoes. A warm jacket is recommended.
Consider these other South West WA whale watching tours
- Dunsborough Whale Watching Cruise, Margaret River WA
- Augusta Whale Watching Cruise, Margaret River WA
- Busselton Whale Watching Cruise, Geographe Bay, WA
- Albany Whale Watching Cruise, South West WA