Blue Mountains Explorer and Bushwalking Day Tour: Don't spend the day exploring the Blue Mountains from a bus! Our Blue Mountains Explorer day tour will have you in the thick of the Australian bush experiencing the magnificent landscape and stunning nature that makes the Blue Mountains such an iconic Australian location. From Sydney, you will arrive early into the Blue Mountains. There will be bushwalking involved, a ride in the world's steepest railway! A gourmet picnic lunch followed by several dramatic lookouts. You'll take in expansive views of the famous Three Sisters, the mighty Mt Solitary and the entire Jamieson Valley. The day ends with a tour through a beautiful rainforest. We hop back on our private air-conditioned bus and head back to Sydney’s CBD.
Blue Mountains Explorer
- 14km Bush walk along the valley floor
- Descending through the canopy of a sub-tropical rainforest
- Listening to the song of Bellbirds
- Riding out of the valley on the Scenic Railway
- Gourmet picnic lunch
- Views of the Three Sisters, Mt Solitary and the Jamieson Valley
- Transfers to and from Sydney
Departing Sydney at 6.30am and arriving in the Blue Mountains at 8.30am. Your bushwalking adventure begins immediately. Descending through the canopy of sub-tropical rainforest, you’ll be surrounded by the fresh scent of the Eucalyptus forest as you follow the magical Leura cascades to the valley floor.
On the valley floor we will rest under the historic rotunda, taking in the sound of bellbirds echoing through the forest. The group then heads off following a moderately flat trail that curves under the soaring sandstone cliffs. Our guides take the time to share fascinating facts about the flora and geological phenomenons along the way.
Arriving at Scenic World, we ride out of the valley on the World’s Steepest Railway. Lunch is served in the mountains. You will enjoy a kaleidoscope of fresh produce and local artisan products from the region.
After lunch we visit several dramatic lookouts with expansive views of the famous Three Sisters, Mt Solitary and the entire Jamieson Valley. Ending the tour with a final, stretch of beautiful rainforest, we’ll hop back on our private air-conditioned bus and head back to Sydney’s CBD.
This tour is perfect for anyone who wants a locally guided experience, away from the crowds and amongst the beautiful nature that made the Blue Mountains so famous!
Duration & Distance:
- 14km bush walk, 6 hours of walking
- Moderate Grade
- A local eco-certified guide
- Hot tea and fresh coffee for morning tea
- Gourmet picnic lunch and snacks, including fruit
- A one-way ride on the Scenic Railway
- Return transport from Sydney in a private air-conditioned bus
- Guests can also join and depart the tour in the Blue Mountains
- All national park fees and track fees
- Emergency communications and first aid kits
- Small group tour with a maximum of ten guests
- This is a decent day walk!
- A reasonable level of fitness is required
- Guests can expect to be walking for approximately 6–7 hours, broken up with regular breaks
- Walking poles are recommended if you have knee problems.
- Poles** can be hired (in pairs) when booking.
- Minimum age is 8 years.
- Age pricing is 8–13 years.
- 13+ are charged as adults.
What to bring:
- Day pack to carry personal belongings
- Water bottle – preferably 2L as there are no refill opportunities along the track
- Comfortable enclosed walking shoes e.g. sneakers or hiking boots
- Hat and sunscreen
- A warm jacket (it can become quite chilly in the mountains, even in summer)
- Raincoat (available for hire, see below)
- Camera or phone for some beautiful photos
- Central Train Station, Sydney CBD. 6.30am
- Blue Mountains, 8.30am
- You can join the tour from the Blue Mountains. Free hotel pick-up provided from both Katoomba and Leura
- Or meet the guide at the track start.
- Black Diamond – Trail Walking Poles
- Suitable for any terrain, these poles are fantastic support on those steady inclines or steep descents.
- Deluge Raincoat
- The Wilderness Equipment Deluge Rain Jacket is perfect for hiking.
- You stay dry with 3-layer moisture vapour permeable polyester fabric.
- With two handwarmer pockets, two weatherproof stash pockets and adjustable cuffs, this jacket will protect you in even the most persistent rainfall.
Cancellations & Weather:
- Blue Mountains Explorer is weather dependent.
- If a trip is cancelled you will be offered to reschedule.
- We or the tour provider are not responsible for reimbursement of cost of flights, accommodation, hire car, meals or any other incidental costs which are or may be incurred in relation to the cancelled trip.
- Low guest numbers or other circumstance out of its control can cause a trip to be cancelled.
- Minimum of 4 people are needed for a trip to proceed.
Other Sydney waking trips to tempt you include...
- Weekend Hiking Tour, Blue Mountains | Ruined Castle Hike
- Mt Solitary Circuit Hike, Blue Mountains, 3 Days
- Kanangra to Katoomba Hike, Blue Mountains, 4 Days
- The Coast Track Guided Day Walk | Royal National Park, Sydney