Beginners Kiteboarding Lesson, Perth, Level 1: This is a beginners kiteboarding lesson designed to get you off to the best start in the sport of kiteboarding. Kiteboarding is an extreme sport and is 80% kite control, you pick up the board skills yourself but the kite setup and knowing how to use the safety systems, and launching and landing the kite is essential! With our professional kitesurfing instructors, we will teach you how to do this. Our instructors are IKO (International Kiteboarding Organisation) certified so you are learning with the best.
Beginners Kiteboarding Lesson, Perth
- Amazing location of Shoalwater Bay
- 2.5 hours with your instructor
- 2:1 student/instructor ratio
- Learn with the only IKO School in Perth
During the course you will be in constant contact with your instructor through the use of our Headzone Communication Helmets. This will speed up your learning process and you are learning at the best location to kite board – the cross shore breezes, sheltered waters between the islands and mainland and safe waters surrounded by sandbars and no swimmers/boats/obstacles Shoalwater Bay really is the ideal location to learn kiteboarding.
Beginners Kiteboarding Lesson includes:
- Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Know hazards on a spot
- Set up a trainer kite
- Know the use of safety systems
- Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
- Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant
- Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite
- Walk and change directions while flying the kite
- Know the wind window
- Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system
- Pre- flight check equipment and settings
- In flight check equipment and settings
- Understand and use the international communication signals
- Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
- Control the kite hooked into the harness
- Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
- Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
- Show full control of de-power systems in flight
- Pull quick release and activate leash Recover the bar and kite Self land
Once you have completed the Beginners Kiteboarding Lesson you will receive an IKO card showing which level you have reached which will allow you to continue your lessons or once at Level 3 you can hire kiteboarding equipment anywhere in the world.
What to Bring:
- A towel, bathers/board shorts
- Sunscreen & Hat
Numbers on the day
- You will be part of a 2 person group with an instructor.
- You can book a private lesson if you want 1:1 with your instructor.
- This is a 2.5 hour lesson
Operator Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are not permitted however postponement is OK provided at least 1 week's notice.
- Lessons take place at 153 Arcadia Drive, Shoalwater.
While in Shoalwater why not try...
- Perth Ultimate Kitesurfing Course, 3 Days
- Rockingham Native Wildlife Jet Ski Tour, Perth, For 2, 60 mins
- Shoalwater Islands Kayaking Tour with Lunch (Winter)
- Seal & Penguin Island Kayaking Tour, Perth