Beginners Canyoning Trip, Mount Buffalo Victoria: This is a great introduction into canyoning for the beginner. The Burstons Crevasse Dry Canyon, located at Mount Buffalo offers the adventurer a combination of activities to fill your morning or afternoon. During your canyoning trip you be crawling in small caves, squeeze past large granite boulder, a rock climb when dry, and a steel wire ladder climb. As a dry canyon Burstons Crevasse there is no abseiling or flowing water to be concerned with.
The Mount Buffalo Beginners Canyoning Trip is suitable for first-timers and beginners, including children as young as 6 years old, making it a great family adventure.
Beginners Canyoning Trip, Mount Buffalo
- Climbing down a wire ladder!
- Exploring through small caves
- Squeezing between granite boulders
- Scrambling and a rock climb
- Amazing and helpful guides on the day
Possibly the only canyoning location in Victoria run by professional guides, you may ask what is canyoning? It's a set of skills you develop that allow you to navigate through canyons. These skills may include a variety of techniques that may include other outdoor activities such as walking, scrambling, climbing, jumping, abseiling and swimming.
Canyoning gear includes climbing hardware, static or semi-static ropes, helmets, wetsuits (if wet), and specially designed shoes, packs and rope bags.
Many canyoning tours are run along streams and waterfalls, activities including swimming, wading, jumping into pools. Mount Buffalo Canyoning is dry, so it is very suitable for younger kids and you don't have to deal with wet clothing.
- All ropes, helmets, harnesses and safety equipment is provided.
- You will canyon with one of our experienced guides, who will coach you and ensure your safety on your adventure.
Age & Fitness Guide:
- Children aged 6+ years are welcome to participate.
- Children participants must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- Suitable for people with a sense of adventure and a moderate level of fitness.
- Mount Buffalo Gorge Stone Hut; the cave is located on the Mount Buffalo Summit not far from the gorge visitors car park.
- All Instructors are wearing red uniforms which is easy for you to spot them.
Numbers on the Day:
- Up to 12 people abseiling plus your guides.
Times & Duration:
- Normally starts around 9am in the mornings.
- Allow 3–4 hours for the Beginners Canyoning Trip.
What to Bring/Wear:
- Long trousers are advisable
- Rubber-soled shoes (Runners or bushwalking boots)
- Sunscreen, water and snacks
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Personal items, eg. Personal medication
- Water, snacks
Adventure Guides Australia operates the Mount Buffalo Caving Experience with the following cancellation policy.
Percentages of the fee are to be retained if cancellations occur at the following rate:
- 20 to 30 days – 25% of the total fee
- 14 to 19 days – 50% of the total fee
- Less than 14 days – Full payment required
Be aware if you cancel your booking, Break Loose will also retain 1.75% to cover merchant fees etc.
Adventure Guides Australia reserves the right to re-schedule any activity if conditions are unsafe or to provide an alternative activity or program. Participants may NOT cancel or change their activity dates or content without approval.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
Click here for more adventures in regional Victoria.