Beginners Abseiling Course, Blue Mountains, Full Day: Our one-day abseiling course in the Blue Mountains is designed for participants with little or no previous experience. Remember – "If you can walk, you can abseil!" This is a full day of abseiling, starting off on small basic rock faces where your instructor will teach you the basics. During the day you'll move on to more challenging descents. Finishing the day with a 60 m rappel if you are ready. The Blue Mountains is the setting for they day of adventure.
Beginners Abseiling Course
- Amazing location and views of the Blue Mountains
- Full day of abseiling starting off easy then moving to more demanding heights
- Fully guided with professional instructors to teach you
We begin the day with a safety briefing and training session using practice abseils at our specially selected abseiling area. The subjects we cover include the fitting of harnesses and the use of descending devices. Familiarisation with the important safety procedures and how to use the correct abseiling skills and techniques. The abseils at the practice area also allow you to develop your own individual abseiling style! While we place much emphasis on fun and adventure and we also teach the important skills of abseiling!
After a filling mountain lunch we will head off to tackle some more challenging descents. The big abseils are offered on a "challenge by choice" basis and you are free to go as high as you wish! From towering vertical walls to sheer cut overhangs and forward rundowns, the challenge is your choice! At the end of the day you will receive the ASM Basic Abseiling Certificate.
Beginners Abseiling Course includes
- Nationally Certified Instructors
- All abseiling equipment including, harnesses, helmets, descenders and ropes etc.
- All technical instruction, guidance and supervision
- Amazing fun and awesome views!
- This activity is physically low-impact, if you can walk up a flight of stairs you can participate.
- Maximum weight limit is 130kg.
What is Included
- Transport from the Katoomba shop to the location
- Nationally qualified abseiling instructors
- Use of all abseiling equipment including ropes, helmets and harnesses etc.,
- Abseiling handbooks, log books, course notes and certificates.
What to Bring and Wear
- Shorts, long pants, warm sweater or fleece jacket, T-shirt,
- Sun hat, rain jacket.
- Footwear such as running shoes, or lightweight hiking boots are ideal.
- Also bring a daypack, water bottle, light snacks, sun-cream, camera (optional).
- Sometimes wet weather may require postponing this activity.
- The Introduction to Abseiling Course is a full day from around 9.00am to 5.00pm
- This is a group activity.
- Class size is approximately one instructor for every six participants.
Time Challenged? Try this instead...