Beginners Abseiling in the Blue Mountains, Half Day Experience: This is a spectacular half day of abseiling at an amazing location in the beautiful Blue Mountains National Park. This abseiling experience is an action packed introduction to this sport. The morning starts with a small 5 metre abseil. With our instructors close by, you'll quickly learn the skills need to thoroughly enjoy this beginner abseil. If you have abseiled before, this first rappel will quickly get you back into the swing of it!
Now it's time to up the anti and you'll head to the next abseil. A 15 metre descend that you'll do a couple of times just to hone those skills you're beginning to develop. This is a great abseil to build up your confidence as you go and prepare you for what is next. With your instructor's help and encouragement, you'll progress through to a massive 30 metre adrenaline pumping overhanging abseil.
By the end of the morning you'll be so amazing at what you've been able to achieve!
Beginners Abseiling Blue Mountains
- Attempting your first ever abseil!
- Learning new skills with great instructors
- Overcoming the fear and abseiling the 30 metre abseil!
Half Day Abseiling in the Blue Mountains is an outdoor adventure suitable for participants with little or no previous experience. All abseiling equipment is supplied as well as highly trained abseiling instructors to ensure your adventure is safe, fun and exhilarating.
What is supplied:
- Transfers to and from Katoomba to abseiling location.
- Professional guides and abseiling gear.
- 9.30am – 12.30pm
Numbers on the day:
- Up to 16 people will be attending this Beginners Abseiling trip.
- An average level of fitness is recommended for this abseiling trip.
What to wear:
- Dress for the days weather.
- Wear running shoes or hiking boots
- Bring water and a camera
- Minimum age to participate in the Beginners Abseiling trip is 6 years old.
- Child prices 6–15 years
- Blue Mountains YHA. 207 Katoomba Street, Katoomba 2780.
- A 5-minute walk from Katoomba Train Station.
- Free all day parking around the back of the hostel.
- Abseiling trips still run in light rain.
- If your trip is cancelled due to weather, an alternate date will be organised with the guide.
Tour Operator Cancellation Policy
The below conditions by the tour operator supersede any Break Loose general conditions applied to this tour.
- No refund for cancellation within 14 days before trip commencement.
- In the event that the trip is deemed unsafe by High and Wild due to extreme and/or dangerous weather which forces the trip to be cancelled the morning of or after commencement, a 50% refund is applicable to total cost of trip.
- No refunds are paid if you fail to turn up on the day.
Not what you were after? You may be interested in a full abseiling course.