This Bay of Fires Guided Walking Tour is a fantastic 3 day walk in the beautiful Bay of Fires conservation area. Situated on the east coast of Tasmania, this magical landscape of stunning contrasts features pure white beaches, vivid orange granite boulders and a ribbon of sapphire and emerald seas, all fringed with rich forests. Lonely Planet says "White beaches of hourglass-fine sand, Bombay Sapphire sea, an azure sky - and nobody. This is the secret edge of Tasmania, laid out like a pirate's treasure map of perfect beach after sheltered cove, all fringed with forest. It's not long since the Bay of Fires came to international attention and the crowds are bound to flock. Now is the time to visit".
Add to this 2 nights accommodation at a beach front chalet makes this a most comfortable 3 day walk where all you carry each day is a small day pack! No heavy backpacks with all your gear. That gets transported to your accommodation for you. Bush walking has never been more enjoyable.
You'll be treated to fine Tasmanian Ninth Island wine and cheeses, delicious dinners featuring wonderful Tasmanian produce and more. We expect this to be a wonderful 3 day Bay of Fires walking tour and one you'll remember for years to come. This walk is suitable for those who are looking for a walking / hiking holiday experience.
Bay of Fires Guided Walking Tour
Our 3 day Bay of Fires Guided Walking Tour package if for those that want the creature comforts, we'll transport your luggage to the accommodation and have a walk in touring tent set up and ready for your arrival.
- Fully supported walk with your overnight luggage transported to the campsite & beach shack
- Accommodation in a waterfront beach shack situated on a beautiful bay set behind the Bay of Fires
- 2 x delicious dinners featuring wonderful Tasmanian produce
- 2 x breakfasts
- 3 x lunches
- Fresh fruit and trail mix to enjoy during your walk
- Fine Tasmanian wine and beer and non-alcoholic drinks served with dinner. Please note: we advise drinking in moderation as walking can be strenuous.
- Professionally guided. Our guides are locals who are passionate, well trained and enthusiastic with the ability to bring to life a depth of information.
- Return transfers from Launceston and the Bay of Fires
- National Park Pass
The Bay of Fires Guided Walking Tour includes 2 nights in our waterfront accommodation. With only a short 15 minute transfer from the end of the trail on day 1 and the ability to walk directly in on day 2, you’ll find this charming accommodation with its beach decor and lovely Ansons Bay views, the perfect place to put your feet up after a day’s walk.
You’ll find an outdoor and indoor dining room, outdoor and indoor fireplace, 2 bathrooms with hot showers and running toilets and comfy beds.
To discover more about the food and your accommodation:
Room 1: Small room with single bed for solo travellers (no extra cost)
Room 2: Double Bed and Single Bed
Room 3: Two Single Beds
Room 4: Three Single Beds
Room 5: Queen Bed
Room 6: Two Single Beds
Rooming is worked out by our reservations staff based on a first booked basis as well as needs basis based on numbers wishing to room together
How fit do I need to be to do this walk?
The walk is rated as a medium grade requiring a good level of fitness to complete this walk with much of the walk on firm sand and headlands of boulders to negotiate.
- Day 1 walk: Mt William National Park to Deep Creek
Approximately 12kms (5 - 5.5 hours walking with breaks). Medium grade
- Day 2 walk: Deep Creek to Ansons Bay
Approximately 14kms (6.5 hours walking with breaks). Medium grade
- Day 3 walk: Ansons Bay to The Gardens
approximately 11kms (5 hours walking with breaks). Medium grade
Is there a portered walk option?
All our guests will have their overnight bags transported to the accommodation leaving you free to relax and enjoy the walk instead of struggling with a large backpack.
So what will I need to carry?
A small day pack with water, camera and any small personal items you want access to during the day. You won't even need to carry your lunch as your guide will carry the groups lunch.
What do I need to bring?
You'll need to bring your clothes, a torch/flashlight and your personal items packed in a medium sized overnight bag. You will be emailed a clothing and gear checklist in your pre-departure information closer to your tour date by the operator.
Do you cater for different dietary requirements?
Yes we can provide for any special dietary requirements. As the guides will need to provide separate meals for special dietary needs - an additional surcharge will be charged for Gluten free, vegetarians (that don't eat fish) and vegan meals. This will be paid directly to the operator prior to leaving.
When is the best time of the year to do this walk?
We believe the premier time to do this walk is between September and April when the weather is ideal for hiking. We therefore only run this guided walk during this period.
What time does this adventure start and finish?
We meet in Launceston CBD at 8.45am at the Grand Chancellor Hotel Launceston on day 1 for a 9am departure. On the final day you will return to the Grand Chancellor Hotel Launceston between approximately 5.30pm and 6pm.
How many people are in each walking group?
We run our tours with a maximum of 11 walkers.
COVID-19 Booking Guarantee
The following guarantee is provided by the tour operator:
If you have a booking on any walk in 2020 or 2021 and COVID-19 directly impacts your capacity to travel you are able to postpone your booking for up to 24 months with no extra charges or penalties. This is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The booking guarantee only applies to guests who are directly impacted by COVID-19 as per the following:
A. You are diagnosed with COVID-19 prior to your departure.
B. You are instructed by a Medical Practitioner or a Government Official to self-isolate.
C. If Government policy relevant to your residential address or travel circumstances directly impacts your capacity to travel.
2. This guarantee is only valid for 2020 and 2021 walks.
3. Guests can change their departure date within 30 days of the planned departure date – only if the guest has been directly impacted as per above conditions noted in point 1.
4. Guests making changes to their booking will be given credit for the cost of their tour to the value of the original booking, no transfer fees or penalties will be charged.
5. The credit must be used within 24 months of the date of cancellation.
6. Where the credit is applied to a new booking on the same walk as the original booking there will be no additional charges, however if a client changes to a different tour additional costs may be charged for price differences.
7. No cash refunds are available no matter the circumstances.
8. We reserve the right to be provided with supporting evidence for postponement of the booking.
9. We reserve the right to amend this offer at any time.