Join our Barossa Valley Ballooning experience – a 1 hour hot air balloon flight around the area of Nuriootpa in the Barossa Valley, South Australia. This ballooning experience will give you a unique vantage point to view this amazing South Australian wine area. Our Barossa Valley Ballooning experience starts very early in the morning, around 1.5 hours before sunrise to be exact (time varies throughout the year). After a briefing from your pilot you are transferred to the launch site (chosen that morning dependent on current weather conditions).
Barossa Valley Ballooning Features
- 1 Hour balloon flight including pilot commentary
- Gourmet breakfast & sparkling wine
- Wine Tasting at Langmeil Winery
- CD of Photos & Souvenirs available for purchase
- Balloon Flight certificate
The Balloon Prep
Your pilot and crew will inflate the balloon and ready it for flight. This takes between 30-40 mins – feel free to join in and help with the prep if you want to!
The Balloon Flight
Now the real fun begins as you board your hot air balloon. One last briefing from your pilot and then it’s time to take off – slowly, gently. Now you’ll spend the next 60 minutes gently floating over the vineyards of the Barossa Valley. The only sounds you hear are the occasional sound of the burner, it’s amazingly quiet otherwise. Float by as the Barossa slowly wakes up, what a way to spend a morning.
The Landing and Breakfast
Your Barossa Valley Ballooning experience includes a delicious champagne breakfast. After your flight finishes and you’ve landed, the crew pack the balloon away. Once again you can choose to get involved or just stand back and relax. We then transport you back to the historic Langmeil Winery where you’ll enjoy a delicious gourmet breakfast, sip Langmeil sparkling wine and relive the flight with your fellow passengers.
Book directly above or purchase our Barossa Valley Ballooning Gift Voucher
Balloon Flight Availability
- Flights occur every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
- Bookings essential
- Allow 5 Hours (approx) for the entire experience, an hour of flight time
Numbers on the day
- A minimum of 2 and a maximum of 16 passengers
Does Weather Affect the flight?
- Flights are weather dependant
- Please call the balloon operator the night before your scheduled flight to confirm flight will proceed.
- Refunds will be offered if flight is cancelled and you cannot reschedule
What to wear when ballooning
- Dress in comfortable clothing for the season, and for the overnight min temperature
- Flat soled walking shoes are suitable
- Do not wear high heels or sandals
- A hat is also recommended
- Don’t forget your camera!
Conditions of Purchase and Flight
- You cannot fly if you are pregnant
- You must be fit enough to climb into and out of a basket
- If you fail to show you will loose your payment
- If you cancel within 14 days of the flight, no refunds are offered