Balloon Flight Tasmania: This is a hot air balloon flight in the northern region of Tasmania. The actual location changes depending on the wind conditions at the time but your Tasmanian balloon flight would depart from either The Tamar Valley, Launceston, Meander Valley, the Northern Midlands and Deloraine. If the prevailing winds are of a light northerly, the flight would usually take off closer to the coast. Your pilot will try to give you the best views on the day whilst normally targeting the Northern Midlands to land.
Balloon Flight Tasmania
- 1 hour Balloon flight in north Tasmania
- Amazing views of the Tasmanian countryside
Meeting time shall be, as with all balloon flights, around 90 minutes before sunrise – this could mean as early as 04:30 in the longest Summer days and we will confirm this with you the day before the flight.
The morning starts with a general meeting point, determined the day before. Then you are driven out to the launch site where you can, if you wish, participate in setting up the balloon. You'll be flying within 30 minutes and once on board you'll notice a gentle lift off, so gently it constantly amazes passengers how you do not feel altitude sickness. The next 60 minutes are spent marvelling at the countryside, witnessing an amazing sun rise and making new friends.
After approximately an hour of flying in the balloon, you'll land, and again if you are up to it you can get involved in packing up the balloon. You will be returned to the meeting point to conclude a wonderful Tasmanian Balloon Flight.
- Allow 3 hours with approx. 1 hour flight time
What to bring & wear:
- Wear comfortable clothes suitable for the outdoors.
- Closed-toe shoes such as runners or walking boots.
- Warm socks.
- Hat and sunglasses.
Ages & Prices:
- Prices shown above.
- Child* = 6 to 12 years old.
- Base price shown is Adult weekday.
- This Tasmanian Balloon Flight is a weather dependant activity.
- If postponed due to bad weather, your flight will be rescheduled by the operator.
- If you fail to show for your flight unfortunately we cannot refund your ticket price.
- Summer, meeting time is around 4.30am, Winter 6.30am.
Depending on the forecasted wind direction, your pilot will meet you at: Woolmers Estate, 658 Woolmers Lane, Longford; or at The Sebel Launceston, 12–14 St John Street, Launceston.
You may also be interested in this flight: