Avon Valley Balloon Flight: Float over the rolling hills and farm lands of the beautiful Avon Valley, near Northam, Western Australia. Northam located 90 minutes from Perth's CBD. Depending on the wind direction, we shall choose launch locations to try to give you the best views at sunrise that the day can offer. View the first light of dawn over the horizon in an activity to enjoy with your loved ones and friends. The Avon Valley Balloon Flight flies higher than any other operator in the country to give you the best views and no, you WILL NOT feel height sick.
Avon Valley Ballooning
- 1 hour Avon Valley Balloon flight
- Amazing views of the region
- Breakfast at Northam Dôme Café
Your day starts early, an hour before sun up. Liberty Balloons will contact you the evening before your flight to confirm the exact time. If you are meeting the pilot in Northam then head to the Information Centre in the township. For those that opt for transfers from Perth, you're already to go!
We then drive you to the launch site... this varies depending on wind direction. Once at the launch site it will take about half an hour to set the balloon up and everyone is welcome to participate in simple tasks to help get the balloon ready. When the balloon is inflated and with everyone onboard, there will be a short safety briefing and up we go. Your balloon will float along in the morning breeze for about one hour. The views are spectacular and the experience itself is unique. This has to be Western Australia's best soft adventure experience. An activity to remember forever and a way to understand nature from a new perspective. After approximately 1 hour’s flight the pilot will choose an appropriate landing field to set down.
Need transfers from Perth?
- You can organise transfers with your booking. Cost is $45 pp.
- The meeting point for Perth transfers is the car park on Marlee Loop, beside the Optus Stadium and off Victoria Park Drive. The drive is just over an hour and we will be returning you to this location after the flight.
- Expect a meeting time close to 04:00 am but this will be confirmed with you the evening before the flight
Avon Balloon Flight Season:
- We fly from May until the end of October, when the weather is most suitable for flights in this area.
- When your balloon flight is finished relax with new friends over breakfast, included with your booking.
- Your breakfast is “a la carte” and is at the wonderful Northam Dôme Café.
- Allow 3 hours with approx. 1 hour flight time
What to bring & wear:
- Wear comfortable clothes suitable for the outdoors.
- Closed-toe shoes such as runners or walking boots.
- Warm socks.
- Hat and sunglasses.
Ages & Prices:
- Prices shown above.
- Child* = 6 to 12 years old.
- Base price shown is Adult weekend.
- Avon Valley Ballooning is a weather dependant activity.
- If postponed due to bad weather, your flight will be rescheduled by the operator.
- If you fail to show for your flight unfortunately we cannot refund your ticket price.
Break Loose recommends that you should always get Travel Insurance.
You may also be interested in this flight: