Avon Valley Balloon Flight – weekdays: Your hot air ballooning adventure begins just before sunrise in the departure lounge of the hangar at the Northam Airfield in the beautiful Avon Valley Western Australia. Your balloon flight will take you over peaceful, rural landscape. Float above rolling hills and lush green farmlands allows you plenty of time to take in the panoramic views. The gentle river and streams below are the ideal setting for the oldest and form of flight.
Avon Valley Balloon Flight
- Watching the sunrise in a hot air balloon
- Floating above Avon Valley's wonderful rural scenery
- Delicious cooked breakfast and champagne after the flight
Following check-in and a hot coffee (or two!), guests are transferred out to the launch site on-board. At the launch site it's all hands on deck as the pilot and ground crew unload the basket and inflate the balloon. Passengers are able to assist with the inflation of the balloons which helps add that extra dimension to the whole hot air ballooning experience.
Once aboard the balloon, your pilot will run through vital in-flight information including balloon safety and the importance of ballast! Once aloft enjoy the spectacle of seeing the first signs of dawn shed light over the Avon Valley, a glorious patchwork of colours.
Your Pilot will provide an informative commentary on the region and the activities it hosts.
After disembarking its all hands on deck once again as you discover the art of repacking the balloon before being taken to the Fountain Restaurant at historic Fitzgeralds Hotel to celebrate your experience in style with a sumptuous breakfast, champagne and certificate of flight presentation by your Pilot.
The Avon Valley Hot Air Balloon Flight is seasonal – flights operate during the cooler months from early April to late November (the hot and windy summer weather in WA is unsuitable for ballooning)
This is a Weekday Flight package for 1 person.
- Your Avon Valley balloon flight
- Champagne breakfast
- Please advise of weights at time of booking and also if you have had a recent injury or surgery.
- Flights run between early April and late November.
- We cannot fly anyone who is more than 14 weeks pregnant.
- People who have had recent back or leg injuries should consult their doctor before flying.
- The Avon Valley Balloon flight takes place at Northam, approximately 100kms from Perth CBD.
- Please allow at least 1.5 hours for the journey.
- Allow at least 4–5 hours for the complete experience
- Includes balloon inflation, the flight, vehicle recovery and champagne breakfast.
- The actual flight will last approx 45mins to 1 hr.
- Hot air ballooning flights do not run on Thursdays.
- What to wear on the day
What to wear:
- Dress according to the weather of the day.
- Wear casual comfortable clothing (Jeans and sneakers)
- Shoes must be flat, no high heels or open-toed shoes permitted. Waterproof is preferable.
- Hat, sunglasses and sun cream are a must.
Numbers on the day
- There may be up to 20 other people in the basket with you during your flight.
- Hot Air Ballooning is weather dependent.
- In the case of strong winds or heavy rain, your flight may be cancelled and rescheduled for a later date.
- If your flight is to be cancelled you will be contacted by 1 pm the day before your booking.
- No cancellations or changes to flight bookings will be accepted within 7 days prior to the day of the flight.
Looking to fly on a weekend?