Avon River White Water Rafting, Perth, Half Day: Why not try river rafting this winter on the mighty Avon River just 1hr drive from Perth. Be one of the few that can say they have rafted the same water as some of the best paddlers and kayakers do each year in WA’s premier white water event – the Avon Descent.
Avon River White Water Rafting
- Graded 2/3 rapids
- Close to Perth
- Amazing fun!
The Avon River is a fantastic introduction to try white water rafting for those that have never rafted before or those that just want try something new. The day is suitable for 2 or more people and is a good lead up to the more adventurous Middle Murray White Water Rafting Trips.
Your white water rafting trip starts from Walyunga National Park, where you will be able to enjoy the pristine water and beautiful Jarrah forests. Tranquility gives way to adventurous white water as you approach Bell’s Rapid a grade 2/3 rapid.
Your weapon (raft) of choice... Two person crocs – unsinkable inflatable’s developed by African River Kraft to access waterways where no other boat can go. This versatile craft is at home cruising placid river ways, wave-surfing on the ocean or running white water on any river.
More dates may be set depending on rainfall. You can join the waiting list to be notified if/when new dates are set. Contact us now to join the list.
- The Avon River White Water Rafting Tour operates during the winter; July – September, subject to water levels.
- Check our "availability" calendar above.
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Child price is 10 –16 years*
What to Bring:
- Hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- Hair band to tie back long hair
- Any personal medication
- Day pack for personal items
- Sunglasses with a retainer strap (highly recommended)
- Second pair of glasses/contact lenses if need
- Rain jacket
- DO NOT bring or wear jewellery.
What to Wear:
- Comfortable loose clothing (tracksuit pants, polo shirt, old jumper, etc)
- Bathers, thermal underwear, two pairs of socks, tracksuit pants, polo shirt, old jumper, etc
- Plastic bags to store wet items
- Enclosed footwear must be worn on the water ie runners, wetsuit booties or enclosed reef shoes.
- Second pair of shoes, as one pair will get wet
- Bring a wetsuit if you prefer to wear your own
What is Supplied:
- Complete safety and paddle briefing
- Lunch (vegetarians and special diets accommodated upon request)
- Transport to and from the launch point
- An experienced guide
- Top quality life jackets, helmets, and wetsuits
- Hot soup and rolls will be provided after the morning trip and before the afternoon session
- First aid kits are carried on river trips
Times & Transport:
- Transport from the river launch point (Bell's Rapids) is provided.
- The trip departs from Walyunga National Park at 7:30 am
- Returning at approximately 11:30 am and the afternoon session begins at 12:00 pm and ends around 4:00 pm.