Agincourt Reef Introductory Dive Trip, Port Douglas QLD: This is an introductory scuba diving experience on the Great Barrier Reef. So need no dive experience to try this, and you are being instructed by PADI dive instructors following PADI's Discover Scuba Diving program. On the day you journey out to the iconic Agincourt Reef system aboard a luxury dive vessel where your dive instruction will begin. Once on the reef you will enter the water and begin your diving experience. Agincourt Reef is considered one of the most significant reef systems of the Great Barrier Reef. While there you can expect to see diverse coral gardens, sharks, stingrays, turtles, whales* (in season), Groupers and Cods, Maori Wrasse and Parrotfish. Plus a multitude of other reef fish – too many to name! This is a divers and snorkelers paradise.
Once you have completed your introductory dive with your instructor you are free to snorkel with all gear supplied for both diving and snorkeling.
Agincourt Reef Introductory Dive Trip
- Scuba diving and snorkeling on Agincourt Reef
- Amazing corals and marine life
- A day on the Great Barrier Reef
About your dive vessel
Your dive vessel is custom designed, offering the very best in comfort with spacious decks, day-bed style seating, air-conditioned saloons and submerged platforms, extending the width of the vessel, to allow for easy access to and from the water.
Fitness and medical requirements:
- You should have a good level of fitness and be comfortable in water with your face submerged.
- Certain medical conditions will prevent you from undertaking scuba diving.
- Consult with your GP first or ask us for more information if concerned.
What is included:
- 1, 2 or 3 dive session including gear hire
- Dive instruction from certified PADI dive instructors
- All snorkeling equipment including lycra suits, wetsuits, prescription masks and flotation devices.
- Guided snorkel tours & an interpretive reef talk
- Morning tea, buffet lunch and afternoon tea
- Reef levy fee
- Tea, coffee and filtered water are available all day
- Amenities & fresh water showers
What to Bring and Wear
- Wear casual clothes
- Swimwear and a towel
- A hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- The Agincourt Reef Introductory Dive Trip Departs 8.45 am and returns 4.30 pm.
- You'll spend approx. 4–5 hours on the reef
- Transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation is included but there is limited availability.
- Bus Transfers from Cairns, Palm Cove & Cairns Northern Beaches are at an additional cost paid to operator.
Numbers on the day:
- An average of 50 people on the vessel at any one time
- Can swell to 85 people in peak season
*Note: Whales are typically present on the Great Barrier Reef between June and September.
On days with low passenger numbers or unsuitable weather conditions, it may be necessary to move people between Agincourt and Opal Reefs. On the rare occasions that this occurs we will pick the tour and locations that will provide the best possible outer reef experience. It may not be possible to provide notice prior to traveling.
- If you fail to show, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- 100% refunds given if cancellation received & acknowledged by operator 48+ hours
- Cancellations are non refundable within 24 hours of trip.
- Travel insurance is always recommended.
- Refunds are paid if tour is cancelled by the operator.
- These are the conditions imposed by the operator.
Are you a Certified Diver?