She may be steeped in flying history but the 1940s de Havilland Tiger Moth also makes an excellent aerobatics aircraft. Our Tiger Moth Aerobatics Joy Flight will have you experiencing manoeuvres include loops, barrel rolls, wing overs, and stall turns.All that in the open cockpit bi-plane that is the Tiger Moth. The Tiger Moth Aerobatic Flight also doubles as a scenic flight and takes you over the quiet country side of south-west Sydney with views to the Blue Mountains.
Donning a leather flying helmet and goggles ready for a flight of pure nostalgia flying high above the bustle of modern life, it is easy to imagine it is 1940 again.
The Tiger Moth Aerobatic Flight departs from Camden, with the flight taking in views of the Blue Mountains, Lake Burragorang, and Warragamba Dam. We typically return to the airport following the Nepean River at low level of 500ft. Along the way you’ll experience the manoeuvres that makes this a thrilling aerobatic joy flight. Loops, barrel rolls, wing overs and stall turns will have you haning on tight.
What will Happen on the Day:
- After your arrival at our hanger you will meet your pilot and ground staff. You will be shown around the Tiger Moth with plenty of time for photos
- Be taken to the briefing room for an outline on the on the safety aspects of the flight and strapped into your seat.
- When all checks are finished the propeller will be swung in true bi-plane fashion and your Tiger Moth Scenic Flight would have begun.
- You will be in constant contact with your pilot, as he points out areas of interest and all you have to do is sit back and take in the atmosphere of your Tiger Moth scenic flight.
- On return to the hangar you will be assisted from the aircraft by the ground crew and there will be an opportunity for some further photos.
Your flight will consist of you and your pilot. You must book at least 2 days before your activity.