Adventure Caving, Melbourne: Wade through subterranean rivers, crawl through some tight squeezes, negotiate your way over chasms and view the beautiful glow worms. There are multiple exits and entries to the cave system, which enables even the most claustrophobic of people to have an enjoyable time. This awesome caving adventure is located only 50 minutes drive from Melbourne, so come and join us on this underground playground. Remember this is adventure caving. You will be crawling on your hands and knees, scrambling over rocks, sliding, navigating some tight spaces, exploring hidden caverns and getting wet and muddy.
Adventure Caving Melbourne
- Exploring chambers, caverns and chasms
- Watch as the glowworms reveal themselves
- Wading through waterways
- Ideal for beginners!
Adventure Caving can be quite physical but guaranteed it is worth the effort. This is an activity close to Melbourne that can be enjoyed by almost anyone so get old clothes ready and come caving with us!
Adventure Caving includes:
- Fully Guided adventure caving trip
- All safety equipment including helmets and torches
- We supply you with a new pair of caving gloves
- Full safety briefing
- All parks fees
- The minimum age is 10 years old
- Participants must be under 110kg and must be physically able to fit through parts of the cave.
- You will need to make your own way to the cave (There is a gravel road up to the cave which is suitable for normal cars)
- Caving can be cramped, therefore it helps to be on the small size and flexibility is an advantage.
- Not recommended if you suffer from claustrophobia or are pregnant.
- Asthmatic? You must bring your medication on the day. You will not be allowed to enter the cave without it.
- If you have back, neck, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate.
What to bring on the day:
- Closed-toed footwear is essential
- Old clothes you don't mind getting wet and dirty (they will get filthy). We highly recommend that you wear long sleeves and long pants to protect you from scratches.
- Bring a full change of clothes including footwear and a towel for after the caving.
- Camera or GoPro if you want to take pictures (We accept no responsibility if your camera gets damaged
- You'll meet your guide in the car park adjacent to Park Road in Yarra Junction (at the footy oval). Please do not drive to the caves.
Please note that new "Fire Danger Ratings" now operate in Victoria. All tours will be subject to suitable weather and fire safety conditions as advised by relevant authorities. Tours may be postponed at short notice as Total Fire Ban Days are not declared until late afternoon on the day prior. This is beyond the tour operator's control.
You may be interested in...
- Abseiling Experience, You Yangs, Half Day, Vic
- Labertouche Caving Experience, Melbourne, 3 hours
- Full Day Caving, Melbourne, Yarra Junction or Labertouche Caves