Our Adelaide SUP Lesson & Tour (Stand up paddle board) takes place in the calm waters of the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary, around Garden Island. This area is a great location for first time paddle boarders or for more experienced padders. You’ll get to explore this amazing and environmentally sensitive area including mangrove lined creeks. You may even view the Port River Dolphins who call this area home.
Adelaide SUP Lesson & Tour
For those new to this sport, your SUP tour includes an introduction to the basics of Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP). We teach you the foundation skills, water safety and awareness that will open a new world of activity for you. The Dolphin Sanctuary SUP Tour is a perfect activity to share with your family or friends. Or use this tour to trail stand up paddle boarding. Its an easy activity to get into and with the advice of our professional instructors you will develop the best techniques, avoid bad habits and become aware of critical safety issues.
The SUP Lesson teaches:
- How to Adjust paddle to your height and correct grip
- Prone paddling-lying on board like a surfboard for safety
- Paddling while kneeling
- Paddling while standing up
- Forward stroke, Braking stroke, Turning strokes
- Injury prevention
- Equipment care
Lesson & Tour Duration:
- 2 hours
You will need to bring:
- Clothing to suit the temperature of the day.
- A shady hat and sunscreen.
- Water shoes/sandals that will get wet; bare feet are not advised.
- Drink and snacks.
- A camera-we can supply a waterproof container.
What is included:
- Tour guide
- SUP Tuition
- SUP boards and paddles
Who can do this tour?
- Suitable for children 8 years+
- Persons under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult
- You should be able to swim at least 50m
Tour starts at Garden Island Boat Ramp and Reserve, Lot 204 Garden Island Road, Gillman.