Adelaide Kayaking Tour, Dolphin Sanctuary: Our Dolphin Sanctuary kayaking tour is designed for family groups with younger children (4-12yrs). Join this sea kayaking tour around Adelaide's Dolphin Sanctuary and the shipwreck heritage trail, Garden Island. This very popular 2 hour sea kayaking tour for the whole family.
The Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary is a wetland of national significance and an area of incredible beauty. Its home to a fascinating array of marine life, birds and the Port River Dolphins. The Ship's Graveyard is a unique feature of the area with over 20 wrecks to view. All of these make for a sensational adventure and kayaking is the most environmentally sensitive way to explore and interact with the dolphins. If you have been thinking of trying kayaking there is no better experience for a first trial...be aware you may want to come back for more!
This 2 hour family friendly sea kayaking tour is ideal families with children aged 4-12 years old. Located only 25 minutes from Adelaide CBD at Garden Island it makes it easy access for a day which is out of the ordinary. Tours run spring to late autumn and are conducted in double sea kayaks, which are easy to paddle, stable and very comfortable.
Adelaide Kayaking Tour highlights
- Designed for family groups with younger children (4-12yrs)
- truly an activity everyone in the family can enjoy!
- 2 hours of adventure lead by our friendly guides..great chance of seeing dolphins
- mangrove creeks or†ships graveyard and dolphin spotting
- easy paced for the young or young at heart!
- story telling
- 2 person/3 person kayaks
- morning departures when conditions are calmest
What to Bring:
- Wear light coloured, loose fitting clothing to suit the temperature of the day
- Be sun smart - a shady hat and sunscreen
- Shoes/sandals that may get wet
- Insect repellent
- Drink and snacks
- A CAMERA! We can supply a waterproof container
Price shown is for 1 family (2 x adults, 2 x children)
- 10.30am but may vary with tides and demand
- Choose a date from the calendar above.
- Adelaide kayaking tours are seasonal and operate September - June.
- Select your date from the calendar above.
Restrictons & fitness:
- Any age above 4 years old.
- Participants must have a reasonable level of fitness (ie; should be able to walk briskly for 15 minutes with out being out of breath)
- All kayaking and safety equipment.
Why not look at these tours too?