The Adelaide City Kayak Tour is a delightful kayaking 90 minute experience paddling on Adelaide's River Torrens past the Adelaide Riverbank. You'll venture into heart of this vibrant city and one of Adelaide's iconic public spaces. View the surrounding park lands with highlights including Adelaide Oval. You will be guided by our fully qualified instructors while enjoying this relaxing experience on the footsteps of the city. With a maximum of eight people per tour you get to enjoy scenic views of the cityscape and surrounding river bank environments while you find out a bit more about the history and significance of Karrawirra Parri (River Torrens) and the surrounds.
Adelaide City Kayak Tour
- A gentle kayaking tour down the beautiful Karrawirra Parri (River Torrens)
- Taking in the cityscape and parklands
- Knowledgeable guide and small group
- 90 minutes paddling on Adelaide’s scenic River Torrens in the heart of the city (departs Pinky Flat)
- Kayaking tour led by our expert kayaking guides
- No experience is necessary as each tour includes full instruction, a safety briefing and all equipment including life-jackets
- Double and single kayaks
- Secure storage for your valuables
What to bring:
- Clothes and footwear you don’t mind getting wet
- Towel, hat, sunscreen, strap for glasses, water bottle
- Dress for the weather and assume you will get a bit wet from the paddles
- A dry bag is recommended to keep things dry
Where do you meet on the day?
- The Adelaide City Kayak Tour departs from Pinky Flat on the north shore of the River Torrens.
- Please meet here 15 minutes prior to your scheduled session time.
Numbers on the Day
- The Adelaide City Kayak Tour requires a minimum of 2 and maximum 8 people.
- Minimum age – 8 years (with an adult attending)
- Children under 12 years must be in double kayak with an adult
- Children 8–15 are charged at a Child price*. 16yr+ are considered adults.
- Allow 2 hours for the total tour with 90 minutes spent on the water.
The Adelaide City Kayak Tour operates in most weather conditions, including rain. Your guides have been doing this a long time and understand safe operating conditions.
If the guides assess the weather to be unsafe, they may have to cancel or postpone/delay the session. They will attempt to do this prior to the day. On the actual day of service, weather conditions may still require our immediate intervention.
If the guides have to cancel the session they will reschedule a new date with you.
- If you need to cancel or change the date of your Adelaide City Kayak Tour, the operator requires at 48 hours notice before your scheduled booking in order to receive any refund or change of date.
If you cancel on the day:
- The operator operates a no-refund policy for all cancellations within 24 hours, non-attendances, late attendance, and failure to participate.
- Management reserves the right to make exceptions if it chooses.
- A 2.5% fee is charged on all refunds by Break Loose. This is above any fees charged by the tour operator.
Operator Cancellation Fee structure:
- 72 hours – 30 days prior to departure: 25% fee of total booking price.
- 48 – 72 hours prior to departure: 50% fee of total booking price.
- 24 – 48 hours prior to departure: 75% fee of total booking price.
- Less than 24 hours prior to departure: 100% fee of total booking price.
Why not try... Dolphin Sanctuary Mangroves Tour, Adelaide SA