Abseiling Experience, You Yangs: Raise your adrenaline levels with a 30 metre abseiling experience at the You Yangs only 45 minutes from Melbourne. This abseiling experience will heighten your senses as you descend the 30 metre rock face, whilst leaving you with a great sense of achievement. What better way to spend a 2 hours learning some new skills along the way. You'll be instructed by professional abseiling guides in a safe and controlled environment. It’s a fantastic way to face your fear of heights and experience the thrill of abseiling.
This Brisbane Ranges Rock Climbing experience is suitable for beginners.
Abseiling Experience, You Yangs
- You Yangs regional park is a wonderful location
- 30 metre cliff face
- Experience instructor to guide you
- Overcoming your fears!
On the day of your abseiling experience
Once kitted up in your harnesses and helmets, all supplied to you, the guides will talk you through the safely aspects of abseiling. They will demonstrate the techniques you'll be using in your descent. After which it's time to hit the rock for your first attempt at abseiling.
Guided by your abseiling instructor you will be tied in securely via two ropes; your abseil line, which you will control and also a safety line, which is controlled by an instructor! Then it’s time to stand on the edge. It’s all about mind over matter! If you gather the courage to travel down at speed, it’s a real adrenaline rush. You’ll be running back to the top for another go, and be getting faster each time.
You can enjoy as many abseils as you can fit into the session. In-between turns take in the breathtaking scenery of the You Yangs regional park and the surrounding areas.
- Comfortable padded harness
- Fully adjustable, comfortable helmet
- All abseiling hardware
- Abseiling gloves
- Qualified and experienced guides
- As many abseils as you can fit in
- Go pro mounts on all helmets
- All Parks fees
- 2 hour session
- Booking details will be confirmed by the experience provider
Fitness & Age Limits:
- No experience required
- Minimum age 10
- Maximum weight 115kg
- Adults to accompany children under the age of 18
- Own transport to the site is essential
Numbers on the Day:
- A maximum of 6 people.
- In the event of inclement weather your session may be rescheduled.
What to wear & bring:
- For this abseiling experience we recommend wearing comfortable loose clothing.
- You must wear closed toed shoes.
- Please bring your water bottle, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Camera if you would like pictures (We have go pro mounts on our helmets)
- You meet your guides in the Big Rock car park, You Yangs Regional Park, Vic (follow the signs for Big Rock once you have entered the Park)
You may be interested in this rock climbing experience: